What up

147GTA

Hi, I've been around a while but haven't posted much. I've always liked BMWs but have an Alfa. I'm American, have been in Singaopre 7 years, and have had my car since Dec. 03.

If I were to buy a BMW I'd go for an older M3. Nice to meet everyone.

Andrew

Re: What up

Hi Andrew,

Any pics of your ride and that old 7 series of yours?

Cheers
Jason

Haha sure! I can ask my brother to send some pictures of it. It's getting kind of thrashed by now but it also does its own thrashing! I don't have the BMW pictures here...give me a few days.

Below is my car if you really want to see. (Not quite as exciting as the BMW that won't die, especially considering this is a BMW forum!) I hope these files aren't too big...

Thanks. Like most GTAs in Singapore, it's manual. Generally, only the 2.0s have Selespeed, but some (very few) of the newest GTAs have it. They also get bigger calipers. But I like 6 speeds.

Are those rims in your picture? Damn fierce.

Yeah if they're what I think they are they do in fact make them for Alfas (PCD 98). I know a guy with them but his aren't so shiny...

Nice car! What kind of older M3 you looking to buy? There are a few on the market right now actually.

I thot American always goes 'WAZZUP'.........

Only local ah beng goes 'WHAT UP'.....

kekekekeke ;p

Welcome to the club bro!!

'The Great White'

Welcome welcome! Nice pic of your GTA!! Hope to see u in our meetup this Sunday!

147GTA said:
Haha sure! I can ask my brother to send some pictures of it. It's getting kind of thrashed by now but it also does its own thrashing! I don't have the BMW pictures here...give me a few days.

Below is my car if you really want to see. (Not quite as exciting as the BMW that won't die, especially considering this is a BMW forum!) I hope these files aren't too big...

Hmm, were you driving along CTE towards SLE last evening around 7ish? If I don't remember wrongly, your car was behind mine... nice and bright xenons! :)

Btw, welcome!

MRacer77 said:
Nice car! What kind of older M3 you looking to buy? There are a few on the market right now actually.

Well I'm not actually looking for an M3 to buy...but if I were looking for a BMW that's what it would be. Something fast that I could actually afford...or is it something I could afford that is actually fast? Haha.

Azrielsc said:
Welcome welcome! Nice pic of your GTA!! Hope to see u in our meetup this Sunday!

I would really love to, but we Alfa dudes are driving to Port Dickson Saturday...we'll be there Sunday too. Next time...

Haha that was me! I saw you at Havelock when I entered the CTE and you got stuck behind that ambulance, right? I turned off at Woodlands Ave 2. I wanted to nail it but there was waaay too much traffic. My girlfriend says she loves the color of your car (so do I).

147GTA said:
Haha that was me! I saw you at Havelock when I entered the CTE and you got stuck behind that ambulance, right? I turned off at Woodlands Ave 2. I wanted to nail it but there was waaay too much traffic. My girlfriend says she loves the color of your car (so do I).

Not stuck but followed that ambulance on purpose with the hope that it will help clear up the traffic in front for me! It did to a certain extent... ha ha. Anyway, I overtook the road hogger on the left and turned off one exit before yours. Saw you on the tail of that road hogger as I turned off. Thanks for the compliment and see ya around! :)

wilman2772 said:
I thot American always goes 'WAZZUP'.........

Only local ah beng goes 'WHAT UP'.....

kekekekeke ;p

Welcome to the club bro!!

'The Great White'

U give ah beng too much credit bro....Ah bengs What up no say...say they Simi ...i love hello kitty and spongebob squarepants! ......i love hello kitty and spongebob squarepants! ... greeting they.

Hello 147GTA...awesome machine you have....I love the torque your steed puts out....have you brought your steed for a run at NS H'way ??

Ghostrider said:
U give ah beng too much credit bro....Ah bengs What up no say...say they Simi ...i love hello kitty and spongebob squarepants! ......i love hello kitty and spongebob squarepants! ... greeting they.

Hello 147GTA...awesome machine you have....I love the torque your steed puts out....have you brought your steed for a run at NS H'way ??

Thanks. Yeah, I've torn up the NS highway! I go all the time; at least twice a month. Going to PD Saturday with about a dozen other Alfas. WE should do a BMW/Alfa drive sometime!

jaskin said:
Hi Andrew,

Any pics of your ride and that old 7 series of yours?

Cheers
Jason

OK man, here they are. My little bro sent a few. Go to the gallery and look under 7 series. But here's one of them here.

Note that the odometer says 322,000. This is in the US but is in km. My dad brought the car over from Switzerland in '84 and although the speedometer has been changed to mph, the odometer is still in km. And the guy who did it rewound the odometer a few thousand km. It's probalby about 350,000km.

Also note that one of the pictures is of the dash and everything is in German. The 728i doesn't exist in the US. Never has. We got the 733 and 735; no 728, so this car is extremely rare.

728i.jpg

BMW.MY got a Alfa crazy guy too...driving the old Alfa GTV....he hit 120mph on B roads !!!! Crazy bugger...you should speak to him.

Maybe you were one of those 147GTA that cream my friend's Skyline GTT....damn funny when he told us that he got blown away by a 147.

Story was like this...they were doing around 180kmh on NS...then they saw a 147...so the cars behind told my friend who happen to be the lead car to go pass the 147 on the left...so thinking that it was a 2.0L....he just went to the left and proceed to overtake the debadge GTA....and then behind got so many pple see (Evo and STi etc...) see his Skyline kenna torn apart by the GTA !!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvipbeauty

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back