What up

Re: What up

Is that guy driving a red GTV with straight pipes that come out the side? If so, that thing is super fast. I can't remember nailing a Skyline on the NS. Plus, mine's not debadged. Was it a silver GTA? That's debadged, be he hardly ever goes to Malaysia.

147GTA, do you happened to know a red 147GTA plated 5235?

147GTA said:
No. There are only 3 red 147 GTAs that I know of, and none is 5235, but there could be a few others...why, who is it?
Nah, just my colleague who's an Alfa freak.

Switched from a 156 Selespeed to a 147GTA. But often complained that parts are too short in supply - both stock and mods. Too reliant on Sportivo. Then again you have AutoDelta that is 300 plus km away......

What is his ID in the AROC forum? I guess he's not very active with AROC or else I'd know him.

But what stock parts would he need? EuroAuto should get/already have anything he might need. And for aftermarket parts, there's not a whole lot that can be done to that car without spending a grip. Nothing much besides dampers/springs, brakes, exhaust, chip, intake and cams. Did he get the new Selespeed GTA with the huge brakes? Or is it a 6-speed?

147GTA said:
Is that guy driving a red GTV with straight pipes that come out the side? If so, that thing is super fast. I can't remember nailing a Skyline on the NS. Plus, mine's not debadged. Was it a silver GTA? That's debadged, be he hardly ever goes to Malaysia.

That I dunno...cos we were trying to stay in our seats while we were laughing so hard....

Most GTA I know all debadge....silent killers.

I have not met the guy in M'sia yet. I only saw his car in the forum only....

I was going to debadge mine for a cleaner look but I decided not to...not enough guts. haha. But it's pretty easy to recognize a GTA nevertheless...the wheel arches stick out more than a normal 147, in addition to having a different kit (although very rare any 147 could have a GTA-like kit). The most coveted thing about the GTA is its rims, which many people buy for their non-GTAs. In fact I don't know of any GTA that has non-GTA rims except for 18-inch replicas (which of course are the same design).

A friend of mine used to drive a M3 Carbio E36....he debage it to a 320i...cos everytime he gets that kinda stare from boy racers or in US of A you guys prob call them Rice Boys.

Your ride you are happy with it is enough. Who cares what the guy in the next car thinks about my ride. To me my car is my Rolls Royce, Ferrari and Lambogini all rolled into one. :)

Ghostrider said:
A friend of mine used to drive a M3 Carbio E36....he debage it to a 320i...cos everytime he gets that kinda stare from boy racers or in US of A you guys prob call them Rice Boys.

Your ride you are happy with it is enough. Who cares what the guy in the next car thinks about my ride. To me my car is my Rolls Royce, Ferrari and Lambogini all rolled into one. :)

That's a great philosophy!

147GTA said:
What is his ID in the AROC forum? I guess he's not very active with AROC or else I'd know him.

But what stock parts would he need? EuroAuto should get/already have anything he might need. And for aftermarket parts, there's not a whole lot that can be done to that car without spending a grip. Nothing much besides dampers/springs, brakes, exhaust, chip, intake and cams. Did he get the new Selespeed GTA with the huge brakes? Or is it a 6-speed?
His nick is Swordfish. Think he just did CAI, braided brake hoses, and BBK. His is a 6-speed manual (2003 model). The Selespeed GTA came in only in 2004, and heard only 2 were indented. Not sure if they are sold.

kenntona said:
His nick is Swordfish. Think he just did CAI, braided brake hoses, and BBK. His is a 6-speed manual (2003 model). The Selespeed GTA came in only in 2004, and heard only 2 were indented. Not sure if they are sold.

The stock GTA comes with BBK, not good enough?

TripleM said:
The stock GTA comes with BBK, not good enough?
Stock rotor for 147 GTA is 305mm. He upgraded to 330mm. With braided hoses. Stock calipers (front) is 4-pot OEM Brembo. He did not change that. Damn, he was telling me about few GTAs upgrading to ceramic pads & ROTORS (one grande each). According to him, good grip but the squeak is irritating.

kenntona said:
Stock rotor for 147 GTA is 305mm. He upgraded to 330mm. With braided hoses. Stock calipers (front) is 4-pot OEM Brembo. He did not change that. Damn, he was telling me about few GTAs upgrading to ceramic pads & ROTORS (one grande each). According to him, good grip but the squeak is irritating.

Yeah, that's right, 305mm. But the new GTAs, the Selespeeds have bigger rotors and much bigger calipers.

Also, I think there are more than 2 Selespeeds, there should be a lot more coming. Same for the 156s.

I know of a few GTAs with ceramic rotors. Yes, they will stop your car, but they wear out quickly, are very expensive, noisy, and you better have upgraded to some nice hard dampers or coilovers as the stocks will make your car dive too much with those ceramics. Overall, it's not worth it. Most GTA owners just go for Tarox rotors. Cheap and they don't mess with the rest of the car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvipbeauty

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back