What's the difference between Pivot 3drive vs Velocity Throttle ?

Re: What's the difference between Pivot 3drive vs Velocity Throttle ?

Both function similarly to increase the response of the throttle, but offered by different manufacturer. Pivot 3Drive offers 7steps adjustment for "Sports" mode (Enthusiastic mode) and 5steps of adjustments for Economy mode (Snail mode)...as well as the option to be on "Normal" mode which will be like stock.

That sound interesting, any idea which workshop offer such reliable service and advice?

so far I have seen McWell at Paya Ubi having the Pivot 3-Drive for BMW rides...BTW, I am not affiliated with them in any way...just answering your question that's all...

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you Bro... So which one did you install? Pivot 3drive or Velocity Throttle? How long you have been using them? So far so good? How much does it cost? Thank you.

Hi.

I had the pivot installed on my previous Honda. Just some additional info on the pivot. It can be installed with option to switch automatically to normal mode when in reverse gear - so you don't get the same throttle response when backing the car up.

Last time I asked Mcwell they quoted about $640 including install for my 523. Did not take it up. I believe Velocity is in the same ball park.

from Hotstuff magz it is abt $400 from Mcwell

is this option working flawlessly ?

wkkok;507067 said:
Hi.

I had the pivot installed on my previous Honda. Just some additional info on the pivot. It can be installed with option to switch automatically to normal mode when in reverse gear - so you don't get the same throttle response when backing the car up.

Last time I asked Mcwell they quoted about $640 including install for my 523. Did not take it up. I believe Velocity is in the same ball park.

Des;507358 said:
from Hotstuff magz it is abt $400 from Mcwell

That's for the Japanese models. They charge a premium for continental cars. I believe the difference is just the harness.

wt_know;507363 said:
is this option working flawlessly ?

did not have any problems on my Honda. I think it's safer to have the throttle response back to normal in reverse.

I have Violence Velocity throttle controller. Its performs the same as the Pivot 3 D. It has 7 steps for the 3 modes as well and I have ask the dealer several times before I got it installed. The actual difference is the country manufactured, and the price. Velocity cost about $280 include installation. Pivot easily go up to $400. Both are throttle controller, I rather get the "violence" version as the dealer told me its is more popular. Of course, whether which is more popular doesn't matter, I only wish to share wif friends here, it really give you some kick but no horses gain.

wah violence version, first time hearing it. $280 include installation is darn good which is even cheaper than SB

where did u install the violence throttle ? I heard if you install 2 violence it is even better.

I am just wondering if there is a distinctive difference in order to spend that type of $$, time to sent the car, etc...

Hi, sorry for late reply. I done mine from a shop call Sung Beng. For $280. It takes 1 hrs for the job. I think not necessary for 2 violence to be installed. 1 is good enough.

Effect good? Got connect the reverve protection? meaning when car reverse it is not activated. Did they ask u to fit 2 ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehasingh028

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back