Whats the PCD for E90?

jamezponk

Hi Bros, I am a really new owner of a E90, but i am not sure of its PCD, can anyone enlighten me?

Cos i looking for new rims, do u guys recommend 19" or 18" or its up to own preference?

personally i find 19" really huge! maybe 18"

what u guys think? please help, forgive me if i noob :thinking:

Re: Whats the PCD for E90?

is ur preference geared towards performance? its a fact that the 320 using 19" will be rather sluggish due to the weight and width of the tyres. but for looks wise, 19" would be the ideal choice. dun bother going for 18" coz after a few looks at it u will again find it too small and be tempted to go for 19"

u do the math and see whats best for u

design is quite simplistic bro. try for something more aggressive or has more curvature.

my 0.02

mate,

PCD most bimmers with 5lugs = 120.
what u need to observe is the offset.

go for the original advans as they are not too costly to begin with.

Ok thanks senior mates. Very nice info for me.

I find that finding rims are like find wife. U will find one set that u really like then u know thats the one liao.

7 click into my new ride and i cannot find the right ones yet, but i am getting an idea liao.

maybe new advans.....

Slater said:
is ur preference geared towards performance? its a fact that the 320 using 19" will be rather sluggish due to the weight and width of the tyres. but for looks wise, 19" would be the ideal choice. dun bother going for 18" coz after a few looks at it u will again find it too small and be tempted to go for 19"

u do the math and see whats best for u
Not necessarily a fact, bro.

Two considerations came to mind, when one moves from stock wheels to larger size wheels. One, the overall weight of both wheels and tyres. That means you have to consider stock wheel + tyre versus after-market wheel + tyre. The answer will surprise you - upsizing does not necessarily increase unsprung weight. Do bear in mind that stock wheels and RFT are extremely heavy. And aftermarket forged wheels alone can shave 3-4 kg per wheel, to say the least.

Two, rotational diameter and weight. Rotational diameter should increase a bit, but from 17 to 19, it is lesser than you think it really is. Wheels diameter is larger, but tyre profile is thinner. The net effect is a smaller diameter increment than perception. But what matters here is tyre weight more than wheel weight, cause the rotational mass plays a part here. That means if both combos A wheel + B tyre versus C wheel + D tyre weigh the same, the heavier wheel plus lighter tyre combo will give you better rotational feel, all things being equal.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/suspen...s-whats-1-kg-weight-savings-equivalent-3.html

thanks bro kenntona. good info. i am looking at new rims for better aesthetics, looking at the stocks and rft, feel like i am getting an sore eyes soon.

jus went to Leong Seng ( sorry, dunno whether can mention other merchants, my apology if i offend anyone ) here.

was quoted 4k for advan racing 18" plus tyres. dunno whether its good deal so come back for feedback first.

jamezponk;519525 said:
thanks bro kenntona. good info. i am looking at new rims for better aesthetics, looking at the stocks and rft, feel like i am getting an sore eyes soon.

jus went to Leong Seng ( sorry, dunno whether can mention other merchants, my apology if i offend anyone ) here.

was quoted 4k for advan racing 18" plus tyres. dunno whether its good deal so come back for feedback first.
what tyres were offered to u?

bros, i think it was some Yokos, I really forgot because I had to go off immediately after that.

4k is before trade in of my RFTs

i would say its ok. the advans r quite ex.

but do call a few more shops to check price. u tried hurry tyres?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s666exchange

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back