What's your timing at Pasir Gudang?

Re: What's your timing at Pasir Gudang?

fast or slow never mind, but DARING and Courage you win.

hphone stopwatch.. 1:17.. and later crashed the car, trying to go faster!! :lol2:

Pushing the technical envelope on PG is somethign that not many ppl dare to do unless they have tracked very often and know the absolute limits of the car. Different tracks have different technicality and as such different characteristics whilst entering bends and apexes, and different surface conditions as such before the car. PG is one place that if u make mistake, its literally doesnt forgive you. Look at all the barricades and stuff. Its like a minefield. But if you are confident and daring like what CaySman said, it can be very rewarding even more so on far more difficult tracks non wothstanding the fact that they have better safety. PG is a real challenge!

err .. for me, PG is almost strictly a bike, Suzuki Swift and Elise track. On any normal sized car with good power, you spend a LOT of time on the brakes. Brake here and there, and the road conditions are horrible (since when have you seen them close the track for resurface???) A lot like autocross style.

I find the wall especially scary, especially with the elevation changes and off camber stuff ...

So this track I don't find rewarding at all.

Adliz which car were you using man? Either you're a god or something.... my best times, although in Satria GTIs (not my own so carefully!) is in excess of 2m if I remember correctly.... so long already. In fact, I think the 2:05 time for a 320 is pretty decent!

12mins..on my bmx..

can anyone show me the map of the track? just curious on how it looks like

Juz run v ur traction control on and u will be fine!!

Gt a few tricky turns the rest is fine and ur tyres wear out soon!!

PG rewards you with smooth driving too. 2.05 is right about close to max you can squeeze out of a stock 323i liao.

modded BMWs with brakes, suspension, good tyres and decent power from a SC should do 10sec faster.

Racebred;247607 said:
PG rewards you with smooth driving too. 2.05 is right about close to max you can squeeze out of a stock 323i liao.

modded BMWs with brakes, suspension, good tyres and decent power from a SC should do 10sec faster.
so what was adliz using? Radical? Caterham?

nicholastan91;247582 said:
12mins..on my bmx..

can anyone show me the map of the track? just curious on how it looks like

Also go search Google n Youtube for the videos..... Sepang is a lot more forgiving when u make mistakes.....

radical gt-rsr.. :nehnehhh: come one guys, just kidding..only been there once.. too far from kl..

bmw3er;247802 said:
E46 Phoenix Yellow M3?

no lah.. been there once only... reminds me of bt3 track back in the days..

His engine was dropped off even. Was repaired and sold off subsequently. Still around today, changed many hands and accident many times thereafter too! :lol2:

adliz;248491 said:
mine was silver.. it was quite bad, but managed to repair.. :(

caySman;247580 said:
err .. for me, PG is almost strictly a bike, Suzuki Swift and Elise track. On any normal sized car with good power, you spend a LOT of time on the brakes. Brake here and there, and the road conditions are horrible (since when have you seen them close the track for resurface???) A lot like autocross style.

I find the wall especially scary, especially with the elevation changes and off camber stuff ...

So this track I don't find rewarding at all.

I think the only real downsides to PG are tire wear and the close-in walls. The long grass gives less chance of tire dig in vs SIC gravel IMO. The inside of T2 has some poorly grated drains that can catch a tire very nicely and flip a car. You can fix the tire wear issues by having a trasher set of wheels just for PG, mounted with cheap rubber.

Other than that I think PG is extremely fun, has its own set of challenges vs SIC, and suits almost all production cars, including most sportscars better. 99% or more of the cars that run at SIC are underpowered and under-gripped for that track IMO.

PG: Turns come up in quick succession. Need to be quick on everything from controls to hitting marks.

SIC: Turns come up slow because of the long straights, even with decently powered cars. You need a really quick or powerful car (probably 2:25s or under) to not spend a lot of time waiting for the turns.

PG: Often accused of being one groove, but any track for a given vehicle that is close to cutting its best lap is one groove regardless of size. Wide tracks allow variance in line, at the cost of lap time. This is good for racing where lap position and not lap times, are the primary concern. Defending and taking position requires line variance. Still PG is wide enough at at least 3 spots for comfortable passing.

SIC: Wide everywhere, multiple lines, better for gung ho wheel to wheelers, still single groove going for plain laptimes.

PG: Less time spent on the brakes, throttle to brake and vice versa transitions are quicker.

SIC: Big sweeping braking track, lots of time spent balancing the car on the brakes, from high speeds. This is probably something you get to do a lot more at SIC and is its own set of thrill since braking events are the largest sustained (4 seconds and higher) de/acceleration in any direction, for most street cars.

PG: Elevation and camber changes to the track, a few actual curbs, makes things interesting. Favourite section is T7 to post T8 because you come fairly quick off T6 and have little time to get in line for late T7 and not running back out to the inside but holding absolute outside for best line through T8 which is rising in elevation and really kills speed in a momentum car. So in order to really throw everything you have at T8, the whole approach to from exit T6 has to be on the limit, and the lateral Gs switch directions quite quickly and hard too between T6 ad T7. You always see lots of people give up either approach to T7 (comfortable approach) and screw up T8.

SIC: Mostly flat and very smooth can be a little bit boring. T5 to T6 and T13 to T14 exit to me are the most fun areas.

bmw3er;248285 said:
He had a very bad crash!

Apparently he was trying to mimic what his friend's S2000 had successfully pulled off at T9/T10 chicane.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlinedubaivisa
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back