Wheel Alignment - Fact or FUD?

Re: Wheel Alignment - Fact or FUD?

I cannot name him, otherwise meek will say i loud mouth

You two shud get a room.

Pls dun get me involved in your sneaky date... enjoy. ;)

I will get a suite cos maybe another bro joining leh

Meek... don't ACT shy

what kind of pics you want? pics of the three of us holding on to a THICK and LONG suspension, pose something like this?
64DCF8961CFEF7872AFC683F1889.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

detach8;999712 said:
Meek... don't ACT shy

what kind of pics you want? pics of the three of us holding on to a THICK and LONG suspension?

I dunno. Just dun get banned by ryan can oredi. Or if really jialat... pls post nsfw and post into that folder hor.

I miss my bro slow_poke_driver. He many many many moons no posted liao. Did someone eat him?

Meek;999722 said:
I dunno. Just dun get banned by ryan can oredi. Or if really jialat... pls post nsfw and post into that folder hor.

I miss my bro slow_poke_driver. He many many many moons no posted liao. Did someone eat him?

Have you ever seen a blue moon???

Blue moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

This song?? :p

What has blue moon got to do with anything??

Bump for this thread.

I just got my F10 back from MA.

Long story short, after alignment the car was still pulling left slightly.

After about 2-3 months of driving the steering wheel also started to go off-center, i.e. it is slightly to the right when I am driving straight. I am guessing this is because the tyres are wearing in to the new alignment settings.

Anyway, being somewhat a perfectionist AND this is not exactly a cheap car so I asked myself why should I live with the slight left pull?

I went back to MA to complain again.

We went for a test drive, I demonstrated the drifting problem along AYE (Tuas), SA acknowledged it, then sent me home saying he will investigate the issue.

Two weeks later, he sent me an SMS saying they have ordered a camber correction kit (basically a shorter upper wishbone for the front suspension to correct camber by 0'30 or 0.5deg). I promptly sent my car in yesterday.

I picked up my car today and it is now driving STRAIGHT AS AN ARROW.

But the alignment readout from their KDS II system seems odd.

Before, Camber:
Front left: -0'38
Front right: -0'07

After, Camber:
Front left: -1'11
Front right: +0'01

I think we can ignore the right side for now -- it did not change. The alignment machine may have some error margin so the readings may not be always the same.

So I have a 1 degree difference in my left camber. I wonder is this a norm for suspension shops to compensate for road crowning with such camber settings?

I think this is true.
Then BMW should do 2 diff sets.
One for LHD and one for RHD to compensate for road crowning.
BTW, how does other makes go around LHD vs RHD road crowning

Congrats on having ur car now being able to drive straight

Detach8 is now the leading authority on wheel alignment n I will harass him for his knowledge when I got wheel alignment issues

MW;1027541 said:
Detach8 is now the leading authority on wheel alignment n I will harass him for his knowledge when I got wheel alignment issues

Sartest wheel alignment expert.

Was thinking of doing alignment also, where is good place to recommend?

MW;1027541 said:

Sigh. Thanks to his post, today I realize that my steering wheel is also off-center! It is slightly to the left when I am driving straight.

do u all hold the steering wheel when u drive?

On Sg roads, I hold the steering wheel 99% of the time so whether slight veering to left or right I also wouldn't know.. the 1% I dun hold my steering wheel is when my underwear too tight and have to use two hands to adjust...

MW;1027702 said:
do u all hold the steering wheel when u drive?

On Sg roads, I hold the steering wheel 99% of the time so whether slight veering to left or right I also wouldn't know.. the 1% I dun hold my steering wheel is when my underwear too tight and have to use two hands to adjust...

Sigh. Thanks to your quality post, I realize I forgot to wear underwear today...

me too! tats why I held my steering wheel today

Hmm..... Any good advise on where to go for good wheel alignment.... As I had just installed m5 Arb...
MW, did you do the wheel alignment after you install the Arb?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mcnsoccer

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back