Wheel Scuff Repair

Pathfinder

I was reversing into a parking space against a curb, was in a hurry and I heard it...SCRAPE! One fraction of a second...barely moving. Got out and looked at the rim....Shit!

Any brudders know how to DIY or send to where for repair? Thanks.

Re: Wheel Scuff Repair

What kind of rims? Lip or spoke kenna kerbed?

Stock 5 spoke rims....

Can repair lah. Yew Lip (but busy), Hurry, South-East........... $25 to 30 per rim.

Thanks. Will try to sand and putty the annoying superficial scuffs first. Send to Yew Lip to paint them black. Should look nice on Sparkling Graphite.

To add on to kenntona's recommendations..

Hurry Tyre does not putty/spray the scuff, instead, they will grind down the entire lip of the rim. I had it done before and closer inspection shows a rather obvious camphered edge. It's very quick though (5 mins I think).

As for Yew Lip, they said that certain paint colors are not available (or in limited supply). I was told the paint used for wheels are more heat resistant thus the cost/availability is different. Can also see that they are usually very busy with so many cars, thus it's best to call up first just in case they are unable to do it due to schedule or lack of paint.

Deadkookaburra said:
ken if lip kind still can repair?
Can, but not Yew Lip. Hurry will skim, South East will try to patch. I have seen Ah Meng fixed up a kerbed PGII.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubsbs
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back