Wheels for an E93 M3

AnthonyCN

Hi everyone,

I've currently got 19 inch BMW wheels on my M3 and am looking to replace them with something lighter and stronger. Less concerned with aesthetics, more concerned about weight reduction and performance. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've seen older posts on various sites which recommend BBS or Vorsteiner wheels, but would be grateful for any additional thoughts.

Thanks,
Anthony

If your 19' rims are the factory OEM 220M rims, please note that they are forged and made by Fuchs. They are probably lighter and stronger than any other aftermarket rims you are looking at.

Thanks Chicane, that's helpful. But how do they compare, for example, to Volk TE37SL rims? Again, I've seen a few old sites and threads where people have put those on E92s, but I'm wondering why they would do so if the 19 inch factory OEM 220M rims are lighter and stronger? Cost purposes?

I bought the M3 with its current rims, so I'm trying to figure out why the previous owner didn't change them. If it's because they are generally lighter and stronger (and more expensive?) than aftermarket rims...fair enough.

I seriously cannot comment why people would swap out those rims. However if your motivation is to replace them with something lighter and stronger, you will be hard pressed to find rims better without paying through the roof. These are really really good rims, BMW knew what they were doing when they put these on the m3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky88com1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back