When is the time to change battery?

Re: When is the time to change battery?

Mine lasted 4 years, the SE at PML was pretty astonished. He didn't believe me until he actually saw it was the original. Must have been lucky because the usual range is 2 to 3 years.

armValkyrie;513017 said:
Hi,

Could you advise which shop and how much was the battery?

cheers!:goodup:
Changed at Tyrepac, you can check the price from their website

achee;513023 said:
Changed at Tyrepac, you can check the price from their website

Thanks bro!

Mine oredi 3 years liao original.... almost time... :laughlik:

armValkyrie;513026 said:
Thanks bro!

Mine oredi 3 years liao original.... almost time... :laughlik:
Why not ask PML to change for you if your car is still under warranty? BMW battery is of very good quality and costs about $340 from PML

achee;513030 said:
Why not ask PML to change for you if your car is still under warranty? BMW battery is of very good quality and costs about $340 from PML

errr... battery or electrical systems still no problem leh.... how to request? :)

anycase, warranty juz over liao..... :(

from my gut feel, i think still will survive another year .... keke :yummie:

armValkyrie;513056 said:
errr... battery or electrical systems still no problem leh.... how to request? :)

anycase, warranty juz over liao..... :(

from my gut feel, i think still will survive another year .... keke :yummie:
Spoke to the battery guy and was told that should the battery suddenly dies (of which there can be no prior warning), all electrical settings of the car will be erased (not sure if that is sales talk), we have to bring back the car to PML to re-program again (which may cost a bomb).

Don't think it's that cheap. more than 500 at pml without labour.

achee;513064 said:
Spoke to the battery guy and was told that should the battery suddenly dies (of which there can be no prior warning), all electrical settings of the car will be erased (not sure if that is sales talk), we have to bring back the car to PML to re-program again (which may cost a bomb).

That happen to us. Lucky Espace can reprogram for us. Ironically, some voltage message kept appearing for a while after that but has since disappear after a few weeks..

Any cause for concern? It's a used battery. Apparently, the owner only use for a month before gg for performance batt or something lke that.

Shem;513068 said:
That happen to us. Lucky Espace can reprogram for us. Ironically, some voltage message kept appearing for a while after that but has since disappear after a few weeks..

Any cause for concern? It's a used battery. Apparently, the owner only use for a month before gg for performance batt or something lke that.
Think should be ok, does'nt matter whether used or new, as long as the battery is still working and the mAH and the CCA are similar to your car.

How much is the reprogram?

They got me the batt. So no charges on the programming part.

Shem;513075 said:
They got me the batt. So no charges on the programming part.
Then must say you are indeed very lucky

achee;513064 said:

wow.... thanks bro for the heads up!

cheers... :shakemyb:

Asure7;517883 said:
my batt 5 yrs liao... haven't change.. no warning msg... :oops:
Battery can die with no prior warning. Once the battery dies, all your electrical settings will be gone plus the inconvienence of calling for emergency service and additional cost too. Not sure what other damage it may do to the car. As battery is not a expensive item, it is worthwhile to change periodically rather than wait till it dies.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back