When to change suspension?

deputyruggles

Hi,

Recently did my 100k servicing for my e46... when is suspension due for replacement? How much does it usually costs and what are the indications when it's due for replacement? thks

Re: When to change suspension?

eh... 100k and still on your first set of shocks???

60k-80k km should wear them out...

opps... ok thks, actually juz got the car a few weeks a go...so dun know whether the previous guy changed them a not...will send the car to check if need to replace...

Err.. for me usually didn't go by mileage.. when noticed excessive roll, car feel more bouncy than before and pocket say OK.. then change liao..

Sorry, but when you guys say change the suspension, does it mean only the dampers??

xuexun said:
Sorry, but when you guys say change the suspension, does it mean only the dampers??
Normally yes cos springs last a long long time.

Yeah super super long time....

Ok, thanks alot.... i remember on my last car, was not on bmw-sg last time, kena cheated a whole lots of money... Was driving a mercs then and the workshop at AMK tell me i have to change the whole suspension system and it cost me close to 10k!! Now i realise that usually only the dampers need to be replaced..

Actually the reason i posted this question is because of the following:

1) my car seems not to be able to take corners/bends at speed too well...

2) even though juz changed brake dis/pads... when brake gently to compete stop... will still jerk "quite" a bit forward... more then from the normal effect of "inertia"

of cos point 2 has more to it as my footbrakes seems to be quite "noisy & jerky" when stepped and released...even when I park... after engageing handbrake and change to "P" gear and kill the engine... the car jerks slightly forward with i release the brake pedal...

I was thinking it might something to do with suspension...

Actually u can go to BVO and ask Ah Wee to check the suspension.......seek is it still ok or not. My ride is over 100K too.....and I do ask BVO to check it up for...so far they say still ok leh.....

So no harm wasting a bit of ur time to go dwn to BVO....

I am sure some of these workshops have "almost new stock suspension" to sell you at a cheap cost. If not, there are a lot of used Sach suspension around too. Best is to buy Bilstein Pss9. Lifetime warranty.

Hi

want to know more about FSD shock absorbers for BMW, contact 90402770

andysam said:
Hi

want to know more about FSD shock absorbers for BMW, contact 90402770
Bro why don't you be an official sponsor? It's better than always trying to sneak in like this to advertise your ware.

rodders said:
It's better than always trying to sneak in like this to advertise your ware.

ya lor.. than we have more lucky draw items sponsored for this week DnD. Sweex10.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zowinarmy

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back