Where can I go to debadge my car?

Re: Where can I go to debadge my car?

you can DIY with a dental floss. use a hairdryer to heat up the adhesive first then floss....

titanic.. are you thinking of debadging your car.. why har?

titanic said:
I like the look of polished paint at the back.

ok.. for a minute i thot you weren't proud of it...
yeap... heard a lot that dental floss works!

cheers

zag said:
ok.. for a minute i thot you weren't proud of it...
yeap... heard a lot that dental floss works!

cheers

No lah, I like my car no matter what, just thought it looks more aesthetic from the back with the badge out the way, more symmetrical, and symmetrical things normally look good. Yes I know dental floss is supposed to work with a certain amount of heat. I am really dumb when it comes to DIY and I might end up buring the paint around it so I would prefer to go to a shop to get it done. Any recommendation?

Just bring your car down to the next meet up and I'm sure someone will do it for you for just the price of a ice lemon tea.

If you don't have hairdryer, try debadging after a long hot afternoon drive somewhere. It's a lot easier than it sounds. Use good dental floss!

You mean our badges can come out so easily even without a hairdryer?

like what louis mentioned, just use dental floss will do.

No need hairdryer or under the sun.. very easy.... double sided tape left behind just use ur finger nails to take it off.. than followed by a light polish. Done!!

Yes. Place a small screw-driver (like a test-pen) on a thick piece of cloth and just prise the badge off. It did it to my car. It's done in no time. I'm sure it's even easier if the car has been under the hot sun for a while. No marks, no stains.

if you're really scared, drop by my shop lunchtime this friday and i'll do for you.

free, but bring your own floss.

sometimes floss might be a little difficult cos it will snap easily.. i used fishing line to remove the trunk lip on my car.... should work for debadging as well

One way is to 'soften' the doublesided tape a little by dropping some lighter fluid first. Lighter fluid is good for removing the remaining bits of the double sided tape too. Doesn't eat into our paint.

Let is soak a while first then run the dental floss through. It 'cuts' through like slicing a hard boiled egg with a thread.

HungryM3 said:
sometimes floss might be a little difficult cos it will snap easily.. i used fishing line to remove the trunk lip on my car.... should work for debadging as well

You removed the trunk lid on your car? :whattheh:

Dont forget, once u dental-floss it , ensure u apply some polisher to rub off the marking.
No need hair dryer. If u think it's difficult enough, use your hot breath and blow over it ( j/k)

Did both methods before! If u use the dental floss, its slightly slower but cleaner. If u just use your bare hands, u may bend/crack your badge, but its faster!

Cheers!

I am not confident enough to floss myself. Too close to the paint and hard to avoid scratches.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back