where can i restore/clean my leather seats?

absolut

am driving a E36... just wondering if you guys have places to recommend where i can clean or restore my leather seats and clean up the interior.

my seats are grey and kinda dirty from age.... any recommendations or advice will be welcome. thanx

Re: where can i restore/clean my leather seats?

I go to the one in Leng Kee Carmart. There's only 1 lot that does cleaning etc. Not cheap about $100, but fairly decent job. Think he steam cleans the whole interior, and clean up the leather seats. A lot of used car dealers, and exporter use him.

does he do, like reupholstering ?..:)

thanx

Not long ago, there was a thread on the best leather conditioner/cleaner. Anyone could recommend a good brand for cleaning interior leather trimmings?

check previous thread on this topic...........

proscar said:
I go to the one in Leng Kee Carmart. There's only 1 lot that does cleaning etc. Not cheap about $100, but fairly decent job. Think he steam cleans the whole interior, and clean up the leather seats. A lot of used car dealers, and exporter use him.

Do you have a phone number or name of the place? How long do they take? Must make appointment with them?

Thanks.

Does anyone have details on the place at Leng Kee Carmart that does cleaning for interior and leather seats? Thanks.

Don't have the number. There's only 1 shop doing it at the old leng Kee carmart. Just got my S2000 done recently, pretty decent job.

Should still be there.

hey guys,

just got my e36 seats and door panels reuphostered in KL a week ago with 100% full italian leather for 1300sgd. great job all in a days work. sent the car in at 8am and it was done by 5pm.
just got a quote for e46 reuphostering and its about the same price as well. so if there's anyone interested, PM me for details.

AARON

Guys, if you just want to clean up dirty seats - light coloured ones like beige...

I just cleaned my whole interior... with soap and a brush. Very easy.

1. insert some cloth into seat crack to catch moisture.

2. Wet yr hands in the pail, and wet the leather accordingly.

3. Scrub the brush on the bar of soap (I used Cussons Imperial Leather, haha) to pick up bits of soap

4. Scrub away at the leather. Yes, leather will be wet, and the scrubbing with the soap WILL bring out all the dirt. Leather is cow skin, and its just like bathing your pet cow or pet pig with a brush and soap. If you wanna know whether the brush is too harsh or too stiff and will hurt the leather, try using it to scrub your forearm with the water and soap. If it doesn't cause you lots of pain, your pet piggy won't complain too.

5. Sprinkle more water on the soapy parts accordingly, but do not over saturate the whole seat with wetness. Do one portion at a time.

6. To wash off the soap, take use a wet cloth and wipe off the excess soap. Wash soap off in pail of water, and wipe soap again. To check that you have removed all the soap, use a wet finger to 'test' the surface. You should know by the feel of friction.

7. After cleaning off the soap, the leather would have absorbed quite a bit of moisture. That's actually ok. Leave the car in the sun for 30 mins for some of the water to evaporate, and then moisturize the leather with a creamy leather treatment. I used the autoglym one - no complains.

I have been living with a full light beige interior that is 5 yrs old, and still looks fresh and new.

I tell you, using soap and brush beats all those leather cleaning products I have tried. This simple method is faster, and way more effective than my first 6-9 months of mindless rubbing with various expensive brands of leather products.

BeemiePics020.jpg

BeemiePics022.jpg

iceman, you da man! Great looking seats!!! :) and so well maintained. *hats-off* to you!

Ya, somemore his car is coupe.. can't imagine cleaning the rear seats..

__iceman__ said:
Guys, if you just want to clean up dirty seats - light coloured ones like beige...

I just cleaned my whole interior... with soap and a brush. Very easy.

1. insert some cloth into seat crack to catch moisture.

2. Wet yr hands in the pail, and wet the leather accordingly.

3. Scrub the brush on the bar of soap (I used Cussons Imperial Leather, haha) to pick up bits of soap

4. Scrub away at the leather. Yes, leather will be wet, and the scrubbing with the soap WILL bring out all the dirt. Leather is cow skin, and its just like bathing your pet cow or pet pig with a brush and soap. If you wanna know whether the brush is too harsh or too stiff and will hurt the leather, try using it to scrub your forearm with the water and soap. If it doesn't cause you lots of pain, your pet piggy won't complain too.

5. Sprinkle more water on the soapy parts accordingly, but do not over saturate the whole seat with wetness. Do one portion at a time.

6. To wash off the soap, take use a wet cloth and wipe off the excess soap. Wash soap off in pail of water, and wipe soap again. To check that you have removed all the soap, use a wet finger to 'test' the surface. You should know by the feel of friction.

7. After cleaning off the soap, the leather would have absorbed quite a bit of moisture. That's actually ok. Leave the car in the sun for 30 mins for some of the water to evaporate, and then moisturize the leather with a creamy leather treatment. I used the autoglym one - no complains.

I have been living with a full light beige interior that is 5 yrs old, and still looks fresh and new.

I tell you, using soap and brush beats all those leather cleaning products I have tried. This simple method is faster, and way more effective than my first 6-9 months of mindless rubbing with various expensive brands of leather products.

BeemiePics020.jpg

BeemiePics022.jpg

Hmmm .......... thats what I said........well almost ............ earlier...........

BTW, I used to be a co-owner of a garage and after seeing how those fellers clean the interior of the cars sent to them, just a glimsem, they use a WATER hose to hose down your door panels and seats!!!!!!!!!!!........ I will stay clear of these &*^%*&^% &@#%$@%$#!!!!

either do it yourself or sent your precious BMW to a real professional!!!!!

emiffy said:
iceman, you da man! Great looking seats!!! :) and so well maintained. *hats-off* to you!

Seriously not that complicated or time consuming. Finished the cleaning/norishing job in 2.5 hrs inclusive of 30-45 min break to let moisture evaporate.

Wait til you see my post on 3-layer swirl mark removal and exterior detailing... that one is rather serious, took up 6 hours, even with using an orbital polisher.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Hi there,

I would recommend to use Leatherique products to clean and nourish the leather. There are dirt in the leather's fiber where we have no chance to clean it. Those dirt are salt from sweat, pollutions, smokes, etc.

But only available in malaysia.
Leatherique Asia - Language Selection

Hi

Does anyone here use PML's grooming package? The one for both exterior and interior for 3series costs 720 bucks for 3 visits pa (vs 488 for exterior only)..my leather's lemon so expect leather grooming to be essential for maintenance, so curious of their work qualty..

localguy;402833 said:
Hi there,

I would recommend to use Leatherique products to clean and nourish the leather. There are dirt in the leather's fiber where we have no chance to clean it. Those dirt are salt from sweat, pollutions, smokes, etc.

But only available in malaysia.
Leatherique Asia - Language Selection

Bro

Did u ordered online from Malaysia or do they have a retail shop in JB?

Have u tried and r they the real stuff?

thanks

spidey3;403817 said:
Hi

Does anyone here use PML's grooming package? The one for both exterior and interior for 3series costs 720 bucks for 3 visits pa (vs 488 for exterior only)..my leather's lemon so expect leather grooming to be essential for maintenance, so curious of their work qualty..

I had used them for 2 consecutive years i.e. 1st year for both ext and int but 2nd year switched to ext only. The reason being it was not worth to pay the extra for int as they did not really do much! I have to say I am quite happy with their exterior grooming! My 2nd contract just ended this month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
speedvay
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back