Where to buy Rolex Watch

spitfire

Hi, I am thinking of getting a Rolex Watch in Singapore. Have been quoted a fixed 10% discount off the price. Sales person suggested that I can get a GST rebate if I get a foreigner to claim for me.

Wondering

1. If GST can be claimed, is there any reputatble shops in Singapore selling Rolex that is not GST registered? Will the price if a good 7% cheaper?

2. whether there are any places to get Rolex watches?

Thanks!

Re: Where to buy Rolex Watch

huh? I thought norm was 18% discount?

chinatown those towkay shop ... nego till cows come home ... play tarik tarik ... if lucky 20%-22% for little high end stuff not the cheapest model :)

I was just in The Hour Glass the other day to enquire about a WG Daytona, max discount they were willing to give is 15%.

the GST rebate is only claimable when the foreigner leaves the country, ie at GST counter at Changi Airport.

for better discounts, u can try those smaller shops that deals in 1st hand and 2nd hand watches cos they might be willing to give a higher discount to get their cash rolling

seems like walk-in customers only get 10% discounts now... quite sad...

Vietnam selling parroted Submariner AAA grade at USD$120.

jaskin;681613 said:
seems like walk-in customers only get 10% discounts now... quite sad...
Thanks for all your responses.

The watch I am eyeing not really high end, about $15k after discount. Of course can get more discount the better.

Bro Jaskin, do you recall where give 18%? and what do you mean"walk in"? How to get "non walk in" price?

wt_know;681599 said:
chinatown those towkay shop ... nego till cows come home ... play tarik tarik ... if lucky 20%-22% for little high end stuff not the cheapest model :)

How reliable are the Chinatown shops? Anyone to recommend?

sszone;681612 said:
the GST rebate is only claimable when the foreigner leaves the country, ie at GST counter at Changi Airport.

for better discounts, u can try those smaller shops that deals in 1st hand and 2nd hand watches cos they might be willing to give a higher discount to get their cash rolling

Yes, that's correct. I think it's quite a fair amount, especially if you have relatives leaving the country.

Again the similar questions I asked about the Chinatown shops. Are these 1st 2nd hand shops reliable? Any idea what discounts they will give? And any shops to recommend?

Hi, I have a Rolex Daytona black dial model 116520 with box and paper willing to let go at reasonable price. If you are interested, please sms me at 96441990.

:yummie:

spitfire;681650 said:
Yes, that's correct. I think it's quite a fair amount, especially if you have relatives leaving the country.

Again the similar questions I asked about the Chinatown shops. Are these 1st 2nd hand shops reliable? Any idea what discounts they will give? And any shops to recommend?

Leaving the country cannot be going to KL... just FYI...

I am not a Rolex fan, but for used watches, besides the usual sellers in SG-ROC, the other chap I know of (personally) is Alfred Png of Png Watches. You will need to call for "appointment" before you go - 62960041 / 97210200

Png Watch Dealer505 Beach Rd #02-206 Golden Mile Food Centre Singapore 1995836296 0041
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=463169899003&oid=169606109720872&comments

Yeah, Alfred is ultra reliable. Always willing to help and offer advice. Good to head down and check out his collection.

Samuel;681780 said:
Yeah, Alfred is ultra reliable. Always willing to help and offer advice. Good to head down and check out his collection.
Thanks for the contacts. Can I check if these vendors sell new or 2nd hand? And do they come with international warrant?

Both 2nd hand and new. International warranty I'm not sure. The gurus might be to advise.

jaskin;681724 said:
Leaving the country cannot be going to KL... just FYI...

Getting a Malaysian to buy and head to KL can I get 7% GST rebate at Changi airport?

Samuel;681780 said:

I agree that Alfred is well known in the second hand watch market for many years. But maybe times have changed? i did not have a good experience with him after buying a rolex from him. I do not think i will go into details but one must know rolex well to buy one. Seek information from AD before buying. I probably trusted him too much after banging on his reputation and made a deal that landed up having a watch that is an issue. So please research before buying.

Happy buying...

JasonKuan;682096 said:
Getting a Malaysian to buy and head to KL can I get 7% GST rebate at Changi airport?

From my understanding... no. Someone KL-SG route is quite restrictive on such things. e.g. flying in from KL can't even buy duty free wine.

V6ENGINE;682218 said:
I agree that Alfred is well known in the second hand watch market for many years. But maybe times have changed? i did not have a good experience with him after buying a rolex from him. I do not think i will go into details but one must know rolex well to buy one. Seek information from AD before buying. I probably trusted him too much after banging on his reputation and made a deal that landed up having a watch that is an issue. So please research before buying.

Happy buying...

Hi V6, hope that the issue with your unhappy purchase has been resolved amicably with Alfred. My experience with him so far has been good, so from my point of view, I've got to give credit when it's due. Having said that, I do agree that having a wider range of choices (and opinions) is good for any buyers out there. So, have fun in your search! Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igo88app
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back