Where to get tyres for M68 staggered setup (e46 SE)

melo

Hi all,

The 'rents just got new tyres for their e46 SE. It's on the M68 wheels so the front is 225/45R17 with rear 245/40R17. I gave them a list of tyres to ask for (SportMaxx being one of them) but they were told by Chin Wah that there was no stock for the rear size, so they ended up getting PS2s. Now, I know they are good tyres, but they are also damn ex. The car is never tracked, and we don't drive like either Schumacher on the streets, so I don't think there's really the need for them.

I'm wondering where everyone on the more "rare" 245/40/R17 sizes go to when they need new tyres. Esp since I'm guessing there should be a few guys here on the M68 wheels? I'd really like to try the SportMaxx on the next change, but was hoping for some feedback on which shops stock this size and also which stores are willing to put in an order (should they not have them on hand). Also if anybody has some rough price guides for these sizes, would be great.

We usually go to Chin Wah cos they are quite good at wheel balancing, but I'm sure there are other shops that do a good job too. Anyone please?

Re: Where to get tyres for M68 staggered setup (e46 SE)

hi,
My ride is E46 318i SE. I changed my rear tyre last weekend at Leong Seng. The rear 245/40/17you said was indeed difficult to get. The shop woner said that Michelin PP2 in singapore does not have this zize. Hene, I went for the PS2 instead.

If SPmaxx doesnt hv 245/40/17 then get other brands
Potenza RE050, Advan AD07 , Advan Sport all have such sizes and they are quite popular tires.

TripleM;156562 said:
If SPmaxx doesnt hv 245/40/17 then get other brands
Potenza RE050, Advan AD07 , Advan Sport all have such sizes and they are quite popular tires.

thanks TripleM, but am hoping more for some tips on shops that are willing to place an order, or carry the tyre sizes. Cos at Chin Wah, they basically said an order will take very long to come in. Seems like the issue is some shops don't stock alot of the size.

trogen;156551 said:
hi,
My ride is E46 318i SE. I changed my rear tyre last weekend at Leong Seng. The rear 245/40/17you said was indeed difficult to get. The shop woner said that Michelin PP2 in singapore does not have this zize. Hene, I went for the PS2 instead.

Hi trogen,

How do you find running different range tyres for the front and rear? No issues? I'm wondering if perhaps having the mixed tyre types will affect handling/grip dynamics

Got my 224/45/17 and 245/40/17 at Hurry (at Bukit Timah) - Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s. Total damage less than S$1000.

how abt Hankook some evo n wrx guy give very good review to the tyre. n i heard price is much competitive. they hv over 10 model for u to choose

Those sizes comes in the original Sport Edition setting when they were sold here. when I changed my tires recently after 26000-32000km milieage, I followed exactly what was used. I have no complaint about the handling so far. It makes sense that the rear tyres have to be broader since they are the driven wheels. In general, I quite sure that all makes of "sporty" cars do use different sizes to get the best in grip and performance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back