Where to install heated auto dim side view mirrors?

Re: Where to install heated auto dim side view mirrors?

What model is your car? Apart from the glass mirror, you would need to have the cables behind or the auto dimming function on your module.

Your car needs to have auto-dimming. Just yank out your current mirror, careful with the wires behind and then pop your new mirror back. I replaced my broken E60 mirrors myself.

LimPeh;991373 said:
Your car needs to have auto-dimming. Just yank out your current mirror, careful with the wires behind and then pop your new mirror back. I replaced my broken E60 mirrors myself.
U also need change the rear view mirror to change the sensor for auto-dimming (i.e to differentiate btw day or night).

kevinbmw;991329 said:
What model is your car? Apart from the glass mirror, you would need to have the cables behind or the auto dimming function on your module.

it's a e89 z4 2012. yup i saw the connection points but wondering if those need to be "wired up from somewhere or does it already exist in the car without auto dimming or heating side view mirrors

davidtch;991393 said:
U also need change the rear view mirror to change the sensor for auto-dimming (i.e to differentiate btw day or night).

wow sounds complicated already. are these wirings readily available in cars without the auto dimming or heated mirrors originally?

dark skies;991896 said:
wow sounds complicated already. are these wirings readily available in cars without the auto dimming or heated mirrors originally?
It is not complicated. Juz swap out the current one with new one. The only issue is i don't know about the wiring. Check with workshop or maybe Elebest.

dark skies;991896 said:

Your rear view mirror have a photosensor that tells the modules how much to dim. If you don't have that, it's not going to be an easy DIY job. Will need some wiring work.

LimPeh;991903 said:
Your rear view mirror have a photosensor that tells the modules how much to dim. If you don't have that, it's not going to be an easy DIY job. Will need some wiring work.

dont think I have auto dim function on my rear view mirror.

davidtch;991902 said:
It is not complicated. Juz swap out the current one with new one. The only issue is i don't know about the wiring. Check with workshop or maybe Elebest.

Hmmmm... let me check with them with regards to this. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamefa88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back