Where to wrap steering wheel?

branlye

Hi,

Can anyone advice me where should I go to get my four-spoke steering wrapped up, to the thickness like those M3 ones, preferably near to the same material used.

Re: Where to wrap steering wheel?

U can try Jackspeed.

just as well i foun this thread..:)

can someone point me towards jackspeed pls? or any where else to rewrap steering wheel?..:)...need to rewrap my momo too..:).

thanx!

cheers!

michael

T6 said:
U can try Jackspeed.

Jackspeed is at the industrial estate along Loyang Ave in Changi.

Be prepared to pay in excess of $280 for that...

Cheers

shite..thats almost the cost of my wheel!!!!!!!...hahah.. maybe later...(like never...)..hahhah..:)..

kidding lah..

thanx for the heads up..i've also been told they do pretty good leathers...will pay ema visit when my seats come in...:)

thanx !

Charles said:
Jackspeed is at the industrial estate along Loyang Ave in Changi.

Be prepared to pay in excess of $280 for that...

Cheers

IMHO, most of the SG people are asking for heaven and earth to wrap the steering man !! The last time I ask for my M-technie steering all asking for around 200-250 for it. Even small shops in Alexandra village. Guess the rental and labour is really expensive man.

Alternatively, I went to this shop over at JB who did a fairly good job....cost is only RM 150 (thereabout only). It helps if you got a spare steering wheel...cos it took them 3 days to do it. But workmanship is 7 outta 10 rating. But for that price...cannot complain lah. They do leather seats as well.

There is 2 way of doing....cheap way is to wrap just the rim of the steering wheel...that is cheap but IMHO...ugly. The other way is to wrap everything including the spokes.

tomo leather does it for around $200, but you have to sign an indemnity form in case of any damage.

Hi all, by doing a full leather wrap for the steering, it can slightly increase the thickness of the core, thus giving a more comfortable and better grip. I can show you all some colour samples which will match the steering wheel the best.

This will cost $220 with dismantling and installation works. Lead time around 1 working day. Interested can contact me on Hp 9758 6769.

I think the main problem (at least for me) is that mega $$$$$ aside, i have not seen a steering re-wrap that is remiscent of the orig steering....... why???

i got mine wrapped at Sin Ming Road. Cost me S$180 and took about 3 days. You can choose the color of the stiching (white, black and red). They can't do multi-color, if case you are wondering :p

Overall, steering wheel alittle fatter than original (take awhile to get used to it). Workmanship 7 out of 10 i would say.

that looks pretty good. $180 is not bad. Can you post more details of the shop? shop name.. address etc?

bugaboo said:
that looks pretty good. $180 is not bad. Can you post more details of the shop? shop name.. address etc?

here's the address:

sin hock heng
blk 7 sin ming ind. estate
#01-90
tel: 64548160

ken koh11 said:
Hi all, by doing a full leather wrap for the steering, it can slightly increase the thickness of the core, thus giving a more comfortable and better grip. I can show you all some colour samples which will match the steering wheel the best.

This will cost $220 with dismantling and installation works. Lead time around 1 working day. Interested can contact me on Hp 9758 6769.

I dun normally do any product endorsement but in this case, i must make an exception. Ken re-wrapped my M-steering wheel with paddle shift for $220, which includes spray-painting of the lower T of the steering wheel. The new leather was wrapped over the original leather. I chose to use black threads throughout and follow the original wrapping which is actually stitched in 4 places. Overall, i rate the workmanship as 9.5/10. The wheel feels slightly thicker but it actually feels better especially with paddle shifters. You still get the finger grooves behind the wheel. To top it all, Ken came over to my place to collect and deliver. It took him 3 days. Highly recommended.

Anyone knows if my e60 still can have a decent steering wheel wrap to improve the feel and feeling 'new', at a reasonable price? Someone quoted me $400 < for alcantara, I think...

Dymenxion7;989330 said:
Anyone knows if my e60 still can have a decent steering wheel wrap to improve the feel and feeling 'new', at a reasonable price? Someone quoted me $400 < for alcantara, I think...

$280 I think at classic leather. Heard its good

Make sure they don't trigger the airbag warning ..... Because it will need to be programmed ... Quite troublesome.

There's a cheaper one at sin ming... Gives u tri colour stitch too..... Went there to c and I feel that their quality is good. Wanted to keep my m5 steering original original this didn't wrap.... I might go crazy n go wrap it one of this days to trick myself thinking that I m driving a new car.

PS: price depends on materials. Dakota or alcantara and another one. Forget le...

branlye;78687 said:
Hi,

Can anyone advice me where should I go to get my four-spoke steering wrapped up, to the thickness like those M3 ones, preferably near to the same material used.

Classic auto leather -$280 Dakota leather

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miso88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back