Which is the best GPS system around?

Re: Which is the best GPS system around?

I really don't remember the price of the 600, should be about S$150 more thereabouts. There're several variants - I would suggest the variant without bluetooth, radio or built-in map. Just buy the base model.

Has anyone tried the Bluetooth phone interface with the Garmin? Is it worth the additional SGD100?

By the way, Nuvi 610 out of stock till next week. Nuvi 600 is available. Only difference is Bluetooth.

mrericlee;271175 said:
Has anyone tried the Bluetooth phone interface with the Garmin? Is it worth the additional SGD100?

By the way, Nuvi 610 out of stock till next week. Nuvi 600 is available. Only difference is Bluetooth.

Hi mrericlee, Nuvi 600 is the base model and Nuvi 610 is with bluetooth is it? Any idea what is the price of Nuvi 600?

Nuvi 600 is bigger than Nuvi 300?

Nuvi 600 is SGD690 without maps. I am planning to get it this weekend.

correct me if I'm wrong.....Malsing maps with garmin is unable to search by block numbers right? For example you cannot search for BLK 225 in ang mo kio.....

vice78;289578 said:
correct me if I'm wrong.....Malsing maps with garmin is unable to search by block numbers right? For example you cannot search for BLK 225 in ang mo kio.....
yes you can with the HDB carpark Point of Interest package. buy from perfect watch, they will give you the map if you ask for it.

Hi,

Just a quick observation. 3rd party GPS from my experience will all freeze when they loose the GPS signal which is sure to happen when you enter a tunnel. Try to get havelock road exit on CTE for example.

The difference I know having used the navi systems in my BMW's since 2002 is that for the in built BMW navi, when the gps signal stops the navi will read data from the car's speed and other telemetric details to estimate the position of the car so you never lose your position on the map and don't miss out on any underground tunnel turnings.

While you might still get away with it on CTE as there are still some breaks in the tunnel, once the KPE is fully built up, all of these external GPS solutions will show their true weakness and those with built in navi will realise why it was worth paying for a full fledged navigation system and not just a GPS toy.

Do remember where you heard this first....

There are always pros and cons in each system.

Portable systems like Garmin have 2 major advantages...... frequent updates (monthly) and free maps for Singapore and Malaysia.

PLUS, when I travel, I just carry it with me and have GPS function wherever I go (either have to buy map or download).

I got the Nuvi 310 from Perfect Watch. No regrets so far. Signal pick-up quite good.

Yup, Nuvi's are the best for Singapore usage in my opinion.... remember to go to Redirecting to new portal... to contribute and get map updates.

Also, you can go to Garmin and get yourseld a navigating sports car!

camelot88;291285 said:
Hi,

Just a quick observation. 3rd party GPS from my experience will all freeze when they loose the GPS signal which is sure to happen when you enter a tunnel. Try to get havelock road exit on CTE for example.

The difference I know having used the navi systems in my BMW's since 2002 is that for the in built BMW navi, when the gps signal stops the navi will read data from the car's speed and other telemetric details to estimate the position of the car so you never lose your position on the map and don't miss out on any underground tunnel turnings.

While you might still get away with it on CTE as there are still some breaks in the tunnel, once the KPE is fully built up, all of these external GPS solutions will show their true weakness and those with built in navi will realise why it was worth paying for a full fledged navigation system and not just a GPS toy.

Do remember where you heard this first....

I have brought my Nuvi 610 with me to Europe last month. Interestingly, as I drove through some long tunnels (more than 10km), there was no signal loss at all through the tunnels, and these tunnels are going through mountains.

Anybody knows why the GPS is still able to receive signals inside the tunnels?

perhaps Europe tunnels have transponders inside.... because all nuvis don't have dead reckoning ... if you did not lose signal, simple explanation is transponders pipe GPS signal inside the tunnels.

Guys,

Sorry deviate a bit.....am thinking of buying a garmin nuvi 610....for home minister who is hopeless wif directions..

Just wondering how to power the standalone GPS kits in the E90?

The cigarette socket is in the middle of the armrest...snake the cable all the way to the front?

Cheers.

vice78;289578 said:

actually u can. when u go to buy it, he'll show u how.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sun88comco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back