which is the best online stock trading portal in sg?

muwrx

hi

following trading scenario happens in both Citibxxk and UXB KayHxxn online portal:

1. buy stock A (with or without credit) for 1m shares at $1
2. transaction get thru and feel happy
3. on next day before US market open, decide to sell all at $1.5 and place the sell order at eg 8am US time
4. when market opens at 9.30am, realize it's only trading around $1.2. so decide to cancel the initial sell order since the price has never reached $1.5.
5. submit cancel request. but now the order is stuck in the pending list
6. submit another sell order to sell all shares. but receive error message indicating not enough sellable quantities.
7. look at the price now drop to $1.01 now
8. curse and swear bcos just miss the chance to earn $200k
9. when US market closes, realize the initial sell order become canceled finally
10. curse and swear again!

another scenario happens in POXMS online portal:
1. happily buy successfully stock B at $1 for 1m shares
2. see price goes to $1.2 now and decide to sell
3. but cannot bcos the stocks not really owned yet
4. when market closes, it drops to $0.99
5. curse and swear!

any suggestion?

cheers!

p.s. please don't tell me to pick up the phone to call someone. lol

Re: which is the best online stock trading portal in sg?

bump to this thread.

looking for advice on which portal is best for a newbie who's dabbling in stocks for the first time.

louis;478498 said:
bump to this thread.

looking for advice on which portal is best for a newbie who's dabbling in stocks for the first time.

DBS Vickers has quite good commission rates if you link it to a DBS savings account..
The amount is deducted immediately from your savings account upon successful stock purchase(instead of T+3)...
For a beginner : DBS Vickers has also relatively good charts function (relative to POEMS, that is..) but of couse not Metastock standard...
POEM on the other hand has DMA CFD if you want to short the market

I am no expert but be careful right now as the market has been running up for the past few months.
Good luck!!!

Regards,
Sam

muwrx;477066 said:
hi

following trading scenario happens in both Citibxxk and UXB KayHxxn online portal:

1. buy stock A (with or without credit) for 1m shares at $1
2. transaction get thru and feel happy
3. on next day before US market open, decide to sell all at $1.5 and place the sell order at eg 8am US time
4. when market opens at 9.30am, realize it's only trading around $1.2. so decide to cancel the initial sell order since the price has never reached $1.5.
5. submit cancel request. but now the order is stuck in the pending list
6. submit another sell order to sell all shares. but receive error message indicating not enough sellable quantities.
7. look at the price now drop to $1.01 now
9. when US market closes, realize the initial sell order become canceled finally
10. curse and swear again!

another scenario happens in POXMS online portal:
1. happily buy successfully stock B at $1 for 1m shares
2. see price goes to $1.2 now and decide to sell
3. but cannot bcos the stocks not really owned yet
4. when market closes, it drops to $0.99
5. curse and swear!

any suggestion?

cheers!

U can avoid this problem if u are using a CFD account. Personally i use IGmarkets for my CFD trading... =p , however take note that its a leveraged account with interest charges(typically about 2.5% + 3mths SIBOR) .. Its a good trading tool if u know how to use it in moderation...typically I will buy the same quantity on my CFD account as I would with Cash.. example 10lots of CCT @ 1 dollar (Cost 10k SGD) ...i will buy 10lots of CCT @ 1 dollar in CFD (Cost 1k SGD -10% Margin) instead of 100lots of CCT @ 1 dollar (Cost 10k SGD)... hope u get what I mean... =p ..

I use Kim Eng for my cash holdings(Mid - Long Term Investment) now ..
________
Uggs

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks like more turbulence ahead. W unlikely but 10-15% correction is highly likely to happen soon. So 1 mil is a huge gamble :O

I am using Lim&Tan, so far ok but I'm only trading in local market. Only glitch is the sms price alert does not work all the time.

Saxobank??? Link via HSBC.
My frd says its good. Im currently wif uob-KH(very basic).

Yet to chk out if it's really good. Any Saxobank trader here can comment?

Problem is most of these local trading system do not have Online real-time transaction capabilities to US markets.

They relies on an in-house dealer to key in the order to foreign system and if this dealer do not update the status frequently enough, you will have to wait long long.

Some of them tie up with the foreign brokers and you will be trading using their system. Again, you will not know if these order are routed to a central buyer or if it is online. They can profit from your buy/sell order easily since it is not real time.

If you need a separate login for local and foreign markets, then guaranteed your broker is using the foreign other broker's system.

muwrx;477066 said:
hi

make 200k in one transaction.....

thks fr all the advice!

instead i have very little knowledge in this stock trading. thus i only resort to the most basic. i.e. buy and sell without using any credit.

then again, if any online portal in sg can offer what both citibxxk and poxms combine will b perfect. below is the ideal scenarios of both:

1. buy successfully stock A at $1 for 1m share by credit (account balance is only $300k) at 9:35am US time
2. on next day before market opens, lets say at 8am US time, place sell order for $1.2 for 1m shares.
3. stock A price hit $1.2 at 9am, and 50% shares are sold
4. market opens, price is at $1.15, decide to cancel the sell for remaining 50% shares at $1.2
5. stock A price is at $1.4 at 1pm, so decide to sell additional 20% shares
6. stock A price is at $0.90 at 3:30pm, feeling a bit panic and decide to sell all remaining shares
7. feel happy bcos realize earning $$$ (i.e. $100k + 80 - 30 - fees = $140+k)

once again, any portal here allows such functions?
1. credit trade,
2. place and cancel buy/sell orders before market open
3. sell shares and pocket the $$$ before even owning the shares physically

last but not least, why not we start to put some of our favorite stocks here to share with others?
i will go first then

my recent favorite shares include:
1. ivanhoe (bought at $1.4 and sold at $2.8. now waiting for it to hit $1.4 -1.8 )
2. keryx (bought at $0.68 and sold at $2.1. but cursed a bit bcos it reached $3.3 a few days after selling it. and should have bought with 99.99% of my savings when it hit $0.12 earlier)

cheers!

p.s. any financial analyst exists in bmw-sg.com???

I'm a dealer with KE, for US trading, you'll be able to carry out intraday trading(ie. buy & sell within same day) and keep the profits.. however US regulations suggest that you shouldnt be doing any naked shorting (ie. sell first, buy back later intraday).

The KE platform should be able to support all the 3 requirements you've listed.

Cheers mate

that's why only trade using level 2 trading platform

sting936;481301 said:
Problem is most of these local trading system do not have Online real-time transaction capabilities to US markets.

They relies on an in-house dealer to key in the order to foreign system and if this dealer do not update the status frequently enough, you will have to wait long long.

Some of them tie up with the foreign brokers and you will be trading using their system. Again, you will not know if these order are routed to a central buyer or if it is online. They can profit from your buy/sell order easily since it is not real time.

If you need a separate login for local and foreign markets, then guaranteed your broker is using the foreign other broker's system.

I do not trade SG market so I do not know their stand in credit / contra.. commission wise can be quite competitive..

I use Saxobank to trade forex & Eminis, in my opinion.. I like their user-friendly & pretty interface.. but price action wise.. they can be quite good in running stops.. use ECN platforms if u trade big volume.. there are many other advantages with saxo (e.g. PDA / web / desktop platform, technical support & such)

eric3417;480837 said:
Saxobank??? Link via HSBC.
My frd says its good. Im currently wif uob-KH(very basic).

Yet to chk out if it's really good. Any Saxobank trader here can comment?

I'm on limtan too the interface is pretty friendly and easy to use :)

For those of you who use optionexpress or interactivebrokers, how troublesome is the fund's transfers (ie if you want to transfer back the $$ back to your Singapore bank account?

For local stocks, I prefer Kim Eng. Their online platform is fairly user friendly and useful.

For US stocks, i prefer discount brokerages such as Interactive Brokers or ThinkorSwim. The latter recently just opened an office in Singapore.

Seems like you're trying to get your post count up? Hahahaha

I was looking at the DBS Vickers website , is it beneficial to go for the beginner seminar?
Any Bros went before?

DBSV launch the iphone app.. but still unstable at this point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fc777comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back