Which one more comfortable? PSS9 or KW V2?

funnybone

I am looking at lowering the E93.

Can I know from the members' experience, is it possible to tune the PSS9 or KW V2 to be AS comfortable AS STOCK? Same kind of ride quality as stock in LOW and HIGH speed ...

I don't really care about better handling and will not track the car, so I am lowering the ride purely for looks and do not wanna spoil the ride.

If it is possible, which one more comfy? PSS9 or KW V2? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Which one more comfortable? PSS9 or KW V2?

lower for looks only just change springs lo.... no need spend so much on coilovers mah
drop is some SACHs / Eibachs springs, u retain stock dampening rate, drop the ride height nice enuff for looks

*oh yea, u can soften the coils to almost stock of comfort, but then........ *

agree with mock. just cut the springs and you would have more money to spend on something else.

change to coilovers only if you want to improve handling... otherwise not worth it.

apologies, my bad.

and save money to buy brembos...

Mockngbrd;306965 said:
lower for looks only just change springs lo.... no need spend so much on coilovers mah
drop is some SACHs / Eibachs springs, u retain stock dampening rate, drop the ride height nice enuff for looks

*oh yea, u can soften the coils to almost stock of comfort, but then........ *

Can soften the coils to almost stock of comfort, but then........ ? Then what ? If can retain the stock comfort, I don't mind changing to coil .... next time perhaps can try to tune a bit firmer mah ...

Just don't want a harsh ride ....

but then... why spend the extra $$$$

but if u really dun mind, den go ahead, i dun think it'll be as soft as stock but near...
sat in Puny's coilover-ed E90, on comfy settings... nice and comfy , i think he's on KWs. (correct mi if i'm wrong)

Will never be as comfortable as stock, but either coilovers will make you more comfortable when you engage a corner, that's for sure !!!

Both coilovers can set various levels of height and various levels of hardness.

Two considerations - (1) you changing to 19" or 20" rims? (2) are you a F&F driver or a leisure cruiser? Any wish to mod handling like adding ARBs?

kenntona;306975 said:
Will never be as comfortable as stock, but either coilovers will make you more comfortable when you engage a corner, that's for sure !!!

Both coilovers can set various levels of height and various levels of hardness.

Two considerations - (1) you changing to 19" or 20" rims? (2) are you a F&F driver or a leisure cruiser? Any wish to mod handling like adding ARBs?

I am a cruiser :) Wish to use 19" and not intending to change or add ARBs.

If I set either of these to the softest settings, in-term of comfort will it be close to stock or perhaps M-sports? Thats the main issue ...

funnybone;306979 said:
I am a cruiser :) Wish to use 19" and not intending to change or add ARBs.

If I set either of these to the softest settings, in-term of comfort will it be close to stock or perhaps M-sports? Thats the main issue ...

if u eventually find the answer pls share hor. I also want lower but same comfort(very hard leh)

from own experience, change to lowering spring alone and retaining stock shocks is not a good combo. its very harsh.

if want to look nice sure need to compromise on comfort,how hard compare to stock...well after awhile you will get used to it lor.kekeke

+ 1 for H&R spring
Car lowered and comfy like stock

Take a ride in anyone of the bros with a 335 and coilovers and make ur decision. A few of us are with KWs, some with PSS9 and some are stock.

Cheers!

Bro hitmee,
so ur saying that H&R springs lower ur ride even with stock suspension.
And it is still as comfy as stock?

you have to do the testing on uneven roads to tell which one you like most.

to be honest, at speed above 160kph esp NS highway there's nothing like comfortable in a coilover equipped car. it also depends on how good the road is.

if you travel mostly in S'pore at speed below 110, any 2 of the coilover is comfortable and wont be harsh unless you set them at the hardest setting or you run into really nasty construction site roads.

also consider the tyre choice and at which size you want to go. For instance, 18" is more comfy than 19" and that's for sure since the tyre is thicker. and of course is you consider getting Michelin PS2 would be your best bet since PS2 is softer among others.

hope this help.

i am running KW V2 19" with PS2 and H&R ARB. i am at the middle setting front and rear. feel a little harsh at high speed run. i can go softer but yet to try out.

tom_ting summed it up very nicely.

I've been on my KW V2 for coming 2 years now,

My settings are as follows:
Front: 1.75 turns from hard (soft-medium setting), 1finger gap.
Rear: 1.5 turns from hard (medium setting), aprx 1/2 finger gap.

I have tried various settings from hard to soft (front + rear) plus varying heights for front-rear. Settled on these less aggressive settings because the improvement in handling can be felt quite significantly already.

Also, I recently had my coilovers removed to diagnose an interior creak at PML and was on stock suspension for about 1 month. To be honest, it was very hard to discern the difference in comfort. The stock suspension had significantly more roll, but comfort wise, it was difficult to tell them apart in most driving conditions. The most telling-signs are probably on roads with terrible condition (uneven/cracked tarmac).

I also had a good experience ordering wear-tear replacement parts for my coilovers. I noticed the rubber bump stops that help protect against bottoming-out of the coilovers during hard impacts was aged and slightly cracked. Managed to order a full set all around from the local distributor (Eurowerks) and it arrived promptly.

Cheers,
Alvin.

Herman;307089 said:
Bro hitmee,
so ur saying that H&R springs lower ur ride even with stock suspension.
And it is still as comfy as stock?

yeah.......you can check out E90post for more reviews.

PSS9 is tend to be softer than KW V2 when both sets at the softest settings. but is slightly, very slightly hard than your stock sport suspension on your E93.

IMO, PSS9 feels softer.

Ok hiadees my boy racing days are back:evil: . Actually its BMW's fault:lol2:

OK seriously, I think I may eventually need coilovers. Stock suspension is good but only up to 150kmh. Then the stupid car starts to breakdance liao.

Not too low and as comfy as possible.....so KW V2 or PSS9? or both LPPL?:juggle:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubsbs
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back