Which tinting film looks the best???

cablesurge

Have read a couple of threads on tinting. Went down to Vkool at Sin Ming cos i heard that they are the best around in terms of installation. But i just dont like the colour of Vkool. Its got a greenish tint that doesnt make the car look as good IMO. Am really surprised by the lack of choices we have on the tinting film at Vkool. I still think that CnL has better colours for their tints. What do u guys think? The dark grey from them look so much sexier on the car. Not judging based on performance of the tints here, but just pure looks.

Also, do you guys realise that after tinting, visiblity is very bad in the night? The tint actually scatters lights at night and ivisibility seems a little hazy.

Am going more for aesthetics, and workmanship. What do u guys recommend? If i were to go for CnL, where has the best workmanship? Toh Guan?

Re: Which tinting film looks the best???

I just did my tint at CnL at Ubi.

Pretty good work and no complaints so far.

Love the colour!

i did mine at CnL...grey tint nicer...:p

Did u go for the compliant or non-compliant films? They actually recommended me the non-compliant one which is CNL 40 all round but with CNL 80 for the front windscreen so that u wouldnt have to cut a hole for the IU. Which outlet has the best workmanship? How much did u guys pay for it? any special deals?

hi, i went for the compliant ones. i paid $630 nett. no need to cut hole at the IU unit. no discount at the moment i went...:(

hope this info helps..

I did mine at CnL, Toh Guan. S$480. Aesthetics only. :)

Do they have to remove door panels to stick?

I know some yes, some no. How about V-Kool?

Don't have to remove anything to get the tint done. They would only remove the IU to stick the 1-piece windscreen tint.

I just put on my titan film at toh guan CnL today. Mine is more of the reflective one that rejects heat. Colour is nice but seems like there are still bubbles and lines in the film. How long does it take for it to clear up? Anyway to speed it up?

Hi Cable,

Putting your car under the sun would certainly speed up the curing process and clear up those bubbles ... Should only take a day or two in my opinion, if there is any persistent bubbles after that, i am sure the guys and CnL will help you with it :) Enjoy your hot new look ! :)

Hi Cable,

How much did you pay for your CnL's titan film? I was quoted 800 by using the darkest film all round apart for the front windsceen.

cablesurge;316635 said:
I just put on my titan film at toh guan CnL today. Mine is more of the reflective one that rejects heat. Colour is nice but seems like there are still bubbles and lines in the film. How long does it take for it to clear up? Anyway to speed it up?

Park in the hot sun! Mine all cleared up in about 1-2wks. Only problem is the rear window where the black dots at the top of the 3rd brake light is. That takes longer and it usually doesn't come out perfectly.

Yup. Price is abt there...

Problem is that NO SUN!!!! Where is it when i want it!!!!

anyne knows if the CnL is non-metallic? comfort access problems with metallic tint.

also, with CnL, do you have any problems with driving at night (anti-glare rear mirror and side mirrors). does anyone have problems with visibility?

thanks

Didn't realize that so many were on CNL... I did mine with the greenish reflective tint. Happy with it but the car still very hot.... I guess that's just the weather.....

They have a nice blue tint that mercedes put on their cars as standard, with Grey interior, it would look quite classy...

I just did mine at CnL ubi too..good service and both the staff there are friendly. Decided to do the premium range at S$730 less 15% discount (UOB card). Used up to 3 different film shades - front using CNL80, rear doors CNL20 and rear windscreen CNL65. For those that do not want to have difficulty looking at the rear at night, it is better to install the 65 instead of the 20/25 one.

looks like CnL is the common & good stuff. Do they remove the existing one & install the new? extra cost??

If u get a package from them, i don't see why u can't squeeze them to remove ur current tint for free. Give it a try, I know CnL at Toh Guan is quite accomodating.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubgolf

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back