Whining sound from steering wheel!!

jeremylby

Any bro gt this problem b4? I can hear whining sound when turning my steering wheel. It is coming from the steering wheel itself.

Re: Whining sound from steering wheel!!

if the whinning sound only come out on "full lock" left/right then it's probably the power steering sound ... it's normal ... nothing wrong

Ive experienced before.

Within the steering, there's a round cassette that holds the wires to the multinfunction steering on our wheels, within which the wires are all coiled together to allow u to rotate your wheels without entangling. Change that and ur problem will be solved. I did that at sinming atuocare, level 1. Look for Mike from Kian Teong. Damage $200+, inclusive of installation. At the same time, ask them to check your steering air bag, there are ball bearings that is supposed to fire off the bag, if required. It may also be that issue.

Hope it helps.

wt_know;709911 said:
if the whinning sound only come out on "full lock" left/right then it's probably the power steering sound ... it's normal ... nothing wrong

Glad to hear that.. Tot mine going to kaput...

I had this sound too especially when moving and turning. Topped up steering fluid and the sound went away.

If your sound is a "wong wong" sound, then bro bmw5 is definitely right. Instant cure.

If the sound is a "sizzling" sound, then what i mentioned above is 99% the culprit.

James1500;710110 said:
If your sound is a "wong wong" sound, then bro bmw5 is definitely right. Instant cure.

If the sound is a "sizzling" sound, then what i mentioned above is 99% the culprit.

Yaya it's a wong wong sound.

How to top up the fluid? Can it be DIY?

Just go any petol kiosk, buy a bottle of STP transmission fluid (which is used for power steeing oil), open up your bonnet and pour in. Just top it up to a level indicated in the small reservoir?

anyone know how much does pml charge to repair this? Cause I'm encountering this same whining sound):

PML will probably discourage you from doing anything as what they did to me... Strange thing is that the sound does not come on when the air-conditioning is switched off

uncle;718097 said:
PML will probably discourage you from doing anything as what they did to me... Strange thing is that the sound does not come on when the air-conditioning is switched off

Uncle,

You are exactly right! I have been having the same problem for the last year, and it has baffled the hell out of me. At low a/c speeds (1 and 2), there is no sound. Above speed 2, the sound comes when i turn left only. Right turns are ok, cannot replicate sound whether a/c on or off. Also, no sound when a/c is off as well.

Can anyone advise?

Regards

do u get a tok tok sound coming from steering area ?

pufferfish;718102 said:
Uncle,

You are exactly right! I have been having the same problem for the last year, and it has baffled the hell out of me. At low a/c speeds (1 and 2), there is no sound. Above speed 2, the sound comes when i turn left only. Right turns are ok, cannot replicate sound whether a/c on or off. Also, no sound when a/c is off as well.

Can anyone advise?

Regards

It's apparently becoz of the a/c blower and is a known issue according to PML... Shouldn't they rectify it foc as this can be considered manufacturer's defect? Wishful thinking on my part.... haha

My car drives fine until it comes to a stop at redlight (complete stop).

Intermittently, the steering wheel itself will make a tick-tock sound a few times and the steering wheel itself will turn left and right (in very small movements) while the tick tock sound is on.
It stops after awhile.
It happens sometimes when the steering wheel is just off-centre slightly.

Anyone knows what's most likely the reason?
Active steering problem?

Quite hard to show it to PML as it only comes on at times.

uncle;718136 said:
It's apparently becoz of the a/c blower and is a known issue according to PML... Shouldn't they rectify it foc as this can be considered manufacturer's defect? Wishful thinking on my part.... haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reality18
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back