Whistling sound when accelerating

CityTypeZ

Help. whenever i accelerate there is a whistling sound from the engine bay. I went to PML they told me either the alternator or the belt bearing problem.
I do not have time to do a thorough check that day. anyway my car is out of warranty. alreay 3.5 years old.
Please advise if it is expensive to change the above mentioned part in PML? is other workshop able to do it at cheaper price?

Re: Whistling sound when accelerating

could be the belt lose..........
or maybe drop by BOSS Motorsports and do a check.....call 6459 0038 look for Calvin

cheers

Thanks for the advise. I went to Boss Motorsport today. Calvin is a friendly guy. Made appointment to fix the sound on Wed. hopefully it turn up well.

Hi CityTypeZ, how did the check go? Was it the belt problem? My car also giving me the irritating whining sound from the engine bay, does sound quite sporty actually but i guess it's not meant to be;)

Thx.....

thanks bro..... planning to send my car for check soon.............

Got my car checked... Problem was due to the belt tensioner roller bearings worn.. Changed it and now the noise is gone ;)

cheez;564082 said:
Got my car checked... Problem was due to the belt tensioner roller bearings worn.. Changed it and now the noise is gone ;)

does this occur only when the engine is cold?

How long was the service? 1/2 day or entire day?

Pretty fast, say 1/2 to 1hr... Got it done at BVO......

mine also have sound... but the moment switch off air con, the sound gone... is it the same problem here?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb88london

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back