• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Whiteline Sway Bar

Sorry, don't know. but get on some of the online e46 forums and you might find useful info. i did ride in a 330i which really did not need any mods...and the 530 sport I had for an hour was even more impressive.

DreamDriver said:
opvaulet said:
.. some people just fit original M3 bars (apparently similar price)..

Wah, can M3 bars fit sedan? If so, what sizes are those?

Jack: *hint* *hint*

Si Mi Hint-Hint..don't get it lah, me big sotong hahahaha...
I provide rental if that is what you are looking for :laughlik:

SMS me lah..
Cheers

JacK

I'm not sure if M3 ARB can fit non-M. I have a feeling they dont, as the track and the shocks mounting points are slightly offset. The front ARB is attached via ARB links attached to the front shocks. If you upgrade to KW coilovers they give you a shorter link to replace the original one. The rears are attached directly to a mount on the rear shocks, joined by a bushing.

However, all strut bars are the same, with only the 4 cylinder one different. I have the M3 CSL strut bar in my 320i, and I recommend it if you're on top-adjustable shocks like the KW, as it has a hole on the base plate for you to reach in and adjust your front shocks. In contrast, ACS' strut bar has a solid base plate and totally covers up your adjustables.

Thicker ARBs only help improve traction only up to a point. Think of it as an inverted U curve, with an optimum point. Increasing understeer using thickness thus depends on which side of the curve you are on. Thicken some more, and the result reverses.

Example. The E46 chassis is dialled for inherent understeer. So what do you do? You thicken the anti roll bars. The understeer is dialled out but as you increase the stiffness some more, the understeer comes back on.So the best thing to do about improving your handling is to know where you are standing now, then improving those factors that matter. As for ARBs, visualise how the change is going to be, with respect to how it affects your contact patch.

The entire mother of all schools of thought about handling concepts, is actually your tyre contact patches. People mod here mod there only for one final purpose, and that's to optimise the contact patch of the tyres when they go through different actions. so think along that line.

speaking in generics here isnt going to help much. if you have a specific qn, list down and we'll try to help. :)

Racebred said:
I'm not sure if M3 ARB can fit non-M. I have a feeling they dont, as the track and the shocks mounting points are slightly offset. The front ARB is attached via ARB links attached to the front shocks. If you upgrade to KW coilovers they give you a shorter link to replace the original one. The rears are attached directly to a mount on the rear shocks, joined by a bushing.

Bro, here's the pic of the non-M UUC swaybar

full_shot_e36m3_bars_top.jpg

And here's the M3 UUC Swaybar......look veri different right?? Dun think M3 will fit non-M cars woh......

SBE46M3_COMPLETE_small.jpg

M3 CSL Front swaybar is 30.8mm, rear is 22.5mm
UUC M3 front swaybar is 30.7mm & rear is 24.7mm
E46 M3 front swaybar is 26mm & rear 21.5mm

'The Great White'

Were you able to find out:

(1) how many ways adjustable, front & rear
(2) material used

Are the prices also inclusive of GST and insurance during freight?

Hello DD,
The prices are inclusive of insurance and GST. The figure concocted was through a pal of mine working in a freight forwarding firm. So based on the cost of the sway bars/ARBs he calculated the total tax involved and thus I came up with the amount indicated above. Everything will be on black on white as this isjust my personal favour that I'm doing for the bros here and the Subaru Club boys :wavey:

I'll get back to you again on the Material used and adjustable points :)

Can anybody please advise me what a sway bar is and what it can do for your ride? Paiseh hor...I'm vehicle parts illiterate! :oops:

SL2 said:
Can anybody please advise me what a sway bar is and what it can do for your ride? Paiseh hor...I'm vehicle parts illiterate! :oops:
I did a google on sway bar.

http://www.carcarecouncil.org/Steering_Suspension/sway_bar.shtml

sway_bar.jpg

Description: The sway bar, also known as a stabilizer bar, is made of spring steel and mounts to the frame or unibody. The ends of the sway bar connect to the lower control arms.

Purpose: The sway bar helps reduce vehicle lean during cornering.

ryan said:
SL2 said:
I did a google on sway bar.

http://www.carcarecouncil.org/Steering_Suspension/sway_bar.shtml

sway_bar.jpg

Description: The sway bar, also known as a stabilizer bar, is made of spring steel and mounts to the frame or unibody. The ends of the sway bar connect to the lower control arms.

Purpose: The sway bar helps reduce vehicle lean during cornering.

Thanks Ryan! Geez!! You guys are really from a different planet when it comes to the technicalities of car parts, specs etc...

Looks like I've got plenty of catching up to do to speak the same linguo as all of you!

Thanks Clan Master!

If you see any ARB for my W211, do let me know ok?

I wouldn't mind doing this mod if it is not too expensive.

Hi rex7 vtec,

i would like to enquire if whiteline do a 17mm rear bar for my e34. my originals are 15mm.

Thks!

Thanks ! I am going moderate to preserve the fine ride comfort of my e34. That's why i chose 17 or 18 mm. Any thicker, well, i don't have enough power to do it justice and will need to spend on a front bar to balance it out!

Hi rex7 vtec,

No, i did not. i was wondering......Please send again?

thanks and regards,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
777vinname

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back