Who has a job he/ she absolutely hates?

Re: Who has a job he/ she absolutely hates?

kenntona;1005881 said:
Count your blessings. I have to constantly go for interviews.....

I got lobang for you bro! heard this uncle cannot take it and quit. You can try, but he said it's torture!

[video=youtube_share;_QFbI5BO5es]http://youtu.be/_QFbI5BO5es[/video]

Oilman;1005906 said:
Usually people quit their bosses, not their jobs.

If I have this boss, I'll never quit!

[video=youtube_share;BvlVi8VCwoM]http://youtu.be/BvlVi8VCwoM[/video]

I m in the same job for the last 19yrs...and recently the hate has overcomed the like.

So I decided to do what Toto can't do...sit around doing nothing.

hoks;1006295 said:
I m in the same job for the last 19yrs...and recently the hate has overcomed the like.

So I decided to do what Toto can't do...sit around doing nothing.

Hoks nowadays only plays snooker for a living............
Hustler Of Kings' Snookerium............ l0lxxx

I've always use this rule of thumb to decide whether I stay or go.

Nature of work, colleagues (including bosses) and pay. If 2 of the 3 factors are ok, I'll stay i.e. nature of work good and colleagues are great but pay sucks.

So if money is good, colleagues are great but u hate your job, I'll stay if I were you.

chicane;1006326 said:
I've always use this rule of thumb to decide whether I stay or go.

Nature of work, colleagues (including bosses) and pay. If 2 of the 3 factors are ok, I'll stay i.e. nature of work good and colleagues are great but pay sucks.

So if money is good, colleagues are great but u hate your job, I'll stay if I were you.

Actually if money is damn good, who cares about colleagues bosses or the work? Tuanging on the job can be easily learnt

I see a lot of people pretending to work but multi-tasking in BMW-SG, whatsapp, EDMW, Facebook and Sammyboy.....

kenntona;1006359 said:
I see a lot of people pretending to work but multi-tasking in BMW-SG, whatsapp, EDMW, Facebook and Sammyboy.....

nb u.... like tis say ah lek!

I must have changed jobs (some by choice, some not) so many times that i have a feeling that all are the same. Only the pay diff. Shitty bosses and colligs have diff names. Roles that keep extending in all directions that really it doesnt matter anymore. So f it. Just ask for better pay each time you can and after that suck it up smilingly till you can ask for better pay again. There is no justice.

Read an article that resounds with me. Basically, the bosses will pretend they are developing your career for you as much as possible using fancy terms while watching their bottom lines (pay = costs). How much you are worth is how much they can squeeze out of you. So, if you can deliver what they perceive as value, you can do f all in terms of your time... as long as you manage their expectations and make them look good to their clients, bosses and stakeholders.

Meek;1006415 said:
I must have changed jobs (some by choice, some not) so many times that i have a feeling that all are the same. Only the pay diff. Shitty bosses and colligs have diff names. Roles that keep extending in all directions that really it doesnt matter anymore. So f it. Just ask for better pay each time you can and after that suck it up smilingly till you can ask for better pay again. There is no justice.

Read an article that resounds with me. Basically, the bosses will pretend they are developing your career for you as much as possible using fancy terms while watching their bottom lines (pay = costs). How much you are worth is how much they can squeeze out of you. So, if you can deliver what they perceive as value, you can do f all in terms of your time... as long as you manage their expectations and make them look good to their clients, bosses and stakeholders.

*puts 2 hands and 2 legs up and nods in agreement. Fully with you on this.

seanskye;1006419 said:
*puts 2 hands and 2 legs up and nods in agreement. Fully with you on this.

Dun do dat... else look like this.... haha.

cartoon_hare-and-turtle-gif.jpg

Meek;1006415 said:

Ok, my boss is a reasonable guy and he wrote to all of us that he will be holding a CDP (career development plan) discussion with us on Mon. I will ask him what career development? I will tekan him jialat jialat.

Oilman;1005906 said:
Usually people quit their bosses, not their jobs.

I got a ccb UK boss. Absolutely cb kia! I have learn to say in errrrfect english how say idioT with an emphasis on the "T".

I think most of us are at a point in our lives where we are weighing the balance between money and happiness. Sometimes I look at some people who loves what they do, like social services, play musical instruments, nursing, help the community, etc, and look at myself in shame. I think at times I complain too much.

I will go back to reading "Being Happy!" by Andrew Matthews. A good read.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88how

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back