Whose Gallardo is this?

fasterthanferrari

Gallardo flies over speed bump towards the end.:evil:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg79_mM2CNY[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Whose Gallardo is this?

was some cruel joke by the construction workers iirc.... evil

If u think ppl are crazy in Japan, the middle east is a place of whackos on crack. They do everything under the sun and dun give a rats ass about anything. I asked one middle eastern guy "Are'nt you afraid of cops? Or don't you slow down before speed cams?" His reply was "Fuck cops and speedcams. If they wanna snap a picture of me, my middle finger will be in it". LOL!

That was in Dubai.

Must be a pretty boring place if the only entertainment on a Friday night is to watch cars flying over a newly installed speed hump.

this was posted like 2 years back..or maybe 3years..lol..actually 2 gallardo hit it hard..1 white 1 yellow..very old vid btw.

AMAZING!! Thanks for posting!

elmariachi;327641 said:
If u think ppl are crazy in Japan, the middle east is a place of whackos on crack. They do everything under the sun and dun give a rats ass about anything. I asked one middle eastern guy "Are'nt you afraid of cops? Or don't you slow down before speed cams?" His reply was "Fuck cops and speedcams. If they wanna snap a picture of me, my middle finger will be in it". LOL!

I think the attitude is about the same here in China. Saw a truck driver overshot a red light camera, stopped right there and then, came back tied a chain to it and subsequently pulled it down as he went off...everybody else just looked on. Like they said "when in doubt, kill it".

PerverTT;327748 said:
That was in Dubai.

Must be a pretty boring place if the only entertainment on a Friday night is to watch cars flying over a newly installed speed hump.

Do you know of the coffee shop situated beside the old National library, right at the corner called S-11 along the famous OG 'racetrack'? People sat there all night and watched street racers start their run from the MPH house junction and go by that S-bend by the church. On the most happening nights you can see just about as much cars on the 'grid' as an F1 race. Some idiots will e-brake or crash, other times you will see a few TP bikes on the chase as well. That was hugely entertaining until the tunnel came up. Man, those were 'fun' times. :screwedu:

///M3;327772 said:
this was posted like 2 years back..or maybe 3years..lol..actually 2 gallardo hit it hard..1 silver 1 yellow..very old vid btw.

Was it that long ago, man..am I slow. You got link?

ACS6;327881 said:
AMAZING!! Thanks for posting!

Np, Nic will show us more too.

got some pics of the Gallardo after the wreck taken in day time..front and back all gone..lol..to see if the vid is old..just check out when the video was posted.

Heres the pics

gallardo_20060223_006.jpg

gallardo_20060223_005.jpg

gallardo_20060223_004.jpg

Car:
2005 Lamborghini Gallardo

Description:
The government of Dubai thought it would be a good idea to put a speed bump on a street where locals tended to speed. Problem is they didn't tell anybody. This Gallardo hit it at over 60 MPH.

There's actually a video of the accident. The back end of the Gallardo goes about 5 feet off the ground. Check out the video here (link opens in new window).

gallardo_20060213_002.jpg

gallardo_20060213_001.jpg

**edit**
looks like the drivers head hit onto the windshield

when the passenger airbag pom...windscreen will crack... not the driver head

wow..air bags actually make u change a new windscreen..lol

Anybody know what these 2 bumps are? The squarish, metallic coloured objects just behind the rear bumper.

gallardo_20060223_004.jpg

Dunno .... Most exhaust expansion chambers are tubular in shape. This pair looks like 2 square boxes. The pics I've googled of the Gallardo exhaust show a single tubular expansion chamber with 2 exit pipes.

I can see now why they are so expensive to repair...see the big round transaxle housing that double as rear bumper. In any serious rear end collision, the car would probably have to be scrap as well. Could the 2 boxes be some kind of shock absorbent or crumple zones to cushion those sort of incidents.

FTF - I think you are probably right. I suspect they are crumple units with aluminium impact absorbers. And I also think you are right about their positioning on either side of the transaxle housing. Google an image of the Gallardo engine and you will see that the transaxle housing sticks out a long way.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manueldevecchicom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back