Why does not PML not bring in 125 Convertible?

Re: Why does not PML not bring in 125 Convertible?

u can special indent from PML if thats the route u want to take.

is there any additional charges if u do special indent?

Rocky99;525935 said:
i doubt it.

just the waiting time u need to bear with.

yeap, can always indent

Rocky99;525935 said:

I think there is a higher booking fee.

thanks for the v quick reply. i'll check that out. I prefer a soft top over a hard top convertible, and a 6 series cab is beyond my budget.

Rocky99;525942 said:
thanks for the v quick reply. i'll check that out. I prefer a soft top over a hard top convertible, and a 6 series cab is beyond my budget.
look for more experience sales ppl for indent.

Asked a PML staff this same question before. Was told concerns abt 125i would cannibalize sales of 325i Cab. 1-er Cab has advantage of still usable boot space with top down vs 3-er Cab which has virtually no usable boot space in same mode.

mate, if you intend to buy 125 cab why not go for the 135 cab?
both are 3.0lt and road tax same.
downside --> initial higher buying price should be about 20-30k.
plus side --> higher omv + more power = more performance + m-bodykit + manual or auto + m-suspension + brembo brakes = more of a performance car = more smiles and drive satisfaction.

Would love to see a 135 convertible here. You know of any on the roads? Easily debadged and disguised as a 120. :evil:

not sure but, there were ST ads and one of the forum sponsors advertising 135 cab PI.

had a drive in switzerland around interlaken b-roads in colleague's 135 6-sp manual cab back in june 08 and i must say its almost as fast and tight-gripped as 135 coupe. in early day cool summer breeze, the drive was intoxicating and did not want to hand car back.

would have gotten the cab if not for one of my requirements = car must be light.

the SE i called up told me that the 120 cab is specially built to cater to SG market and climate.
the factory does not make 125s and 135s for us. Asked if i could still indent these 2 models, the guy say he will get back to me but so far no news since 5 days ago.

it looks like they are not very keen to do indent.

alot of paper work for them. and if they indent be certain there wun be discounts.

mates,
call and bug them day in and day out.
that's what happened in Q1 08 when i wanted the 135 and tried to push me 125 instead.
if that se is slow, pm me and i give you my se who also helped.

I will most probably drop the idea of indenting a 125 convertible, because of the hassle involved and since i will not be able to test drive it before booking. 135 convertible might be to ex and resale could be an issue for a non-mainstream higher end model.

I'm now more inclined to my new discovery which I test drove a few days back. I tried the Z4 S23i which is still within my budget. The handling of the car is so unique - maybe because I've never driven a roadster before.

The engine/exhaust note is deep and rumbling even at idling, compared to 325 coupe or convertible. Anyone knows why the 325 convertible doesn't sound the same as a Z4 even both are using a 2.5L NA engine.

Thanks for everyone's advice.:wavey:

z4 is bmw's perception and epitome of what a sportster should be. it was born in the american market for the american market and has to at least be up to par with american muscle car in terms of sound. hence, the exhaust system was tuned to provide closeness to american v8s.

the handling is off course due to the tuned suspension and rigidity and tautness of the entire chassis plus light-weight. open-topped cars in general, have liabilities in the overall chassis and prone to scuttles and shakes. partly, due to original design being a coupe and then, chopped off the roof and some strengthening to the chassis to provide stiffness but at the expense of weight.

the z4 was designed and conceptualised as asporster and hence, the entire chassfrom scratch was designed with all these requirements and parameters.

if $$ is not a major issue, go for the z35i = the twin-turbos from the 135 / 335 / 535 / x63.5 and you will be most happy with the overall package.

Thanks 46monster for the detailed explanation. Don't think i can afford the z35i, but the Z23i NA does rumble like the 335 coupe.

Looks like i took too long to commit. COE went up by almost 10k.
Don't know how far it will go. :screwedu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sv388ltda
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back