Why not X3?

Re: Why not X3?

Hi,

Any more new X3 owners here? M also looking at getting one soon and would like get more feedback.

Cheers

SM

Hi Falcoroy,I think it should be ok for me to discolse how much i paid as I actually booked the car in July. As they did not have the colour I wanted,so mine was indented with Alpine White with M sport kit with red/brown interior. The vehicle only came in recently as the SA mentioned the allocation for X3 to Singapore is around 5 months wait. When I booked the car,the list price was $288,600. The SA gave a discount of $2.6k and the price was $286k. Add on the accessories of $730 for the M sport kit and also the Fineline Siena trim. Hope this helps a bit. The list price now has shot up to $300k plus.

To sm, there is one thing I noticed about the X3 is that typical BMWs, the door still creaks. The E90 only creaks when going over humps and bumpier roads and mainly was the rear doors. Now the X3 even on more roads,the driver side doors creaks quite frequently. That is the bad thing about a super stiff chassis which is good for handling. Will send in for checking and see what they say.

Hello x drive friends,
I'm new here having just bought an e83 2010 reg with six months warranty left. Dropped by our friendly agent yesterday to check on a leaky top gasket. The feeling I got after a brief chat was that this was a ' leceh' (nuisance I believe) car.
So far I love the drive of the car despite being my first non turbo car in 12 years but was saddened by the stereotyping of the car by the CS.
The point of this post?
Can any x3 owners share their experience with their rides as a search online revealed mostly feedback in the US. My ride is a 2.5si with the N52 engine. Thanks everyone and drive safe on this wet day.

Hey!

Just sharing. I drive a 2008 E83, 2.5si.

Its a wonderful car to drive, although the interior is a bit aged. Some of the problem I have encounter so far.

1) the deadly trio lights (4X4, ABS, Airbag). Changed the steering wheel sensor, though i feel there isn't a need to change.

2) Vano module replacement.

3) Right mirror motor module

This is about it, otherwise rather trouble free.

This is not a car where you can race in unfortunately. But it is certainly a car that is comfortable to drive and you know that there are some power that is yet to be unleash, when you need to overtake. Engine response is superb.

Pet Peeve: Fuel consumption. I am getting between 7 to 7.5 km/litre, with 50/50 city and highway driving.

Willsx3;946527 said:
Hello x drive friends,
I'm new here having just bought an e83 2010 reg with six months warranty left. Dropped by our friendly agent yesterday to check on a leaky top gasket. The feeling I got after a brief chat was that this was a ' leceh' (nuisance I believe) car.
So far I love the drive of the car despite being my first non turbo car in 12 years but was saddened by the stereotyping of the car by the CS.
The point of this post?
Can any x3 owners share their experience with their rides as a search online revealed mostly feedback in the US. My ride is a 2.5si with the N52 engine. Thanks everyone and drive safe on this wet day.

Hi guys, actually saw more E83s more then F25s on the roads recently. It should be a nice drive since it is a BMW and I'm guessing it shares quite a bit of similar parts as the E90. I have faced the problem mentioned by Henry 2703 of the deadly trio lights on the E90 even though my mileage is low. But it is still a fun car to drive. Less the shortage of power. :p
As for the new X3,I am getting around 8.2km/l for 60 highway 40 city which is similar to my E90 even though it is heavier and 3 litres,but the 8 speed gearbox is amazing!! :D Just did an oil change and floored the engine once and it really feels able to hit 5.7secs for 0-100km/h. But since there is so much torque and so many gear ratios,I don't really need to press the pedal much to move the car. The kick down is also very fast and smooth. Just to share. :)

qianle;949177 said:
Hi guys, actually saw more E83s more then F25s on the roads recently. It should be a nice drive since it is a BMW and I'm guessing it shares quite a bit of similar parts as the E90. I have faced the problem mentioned by Henry 2703 of the deadly trio lights on the E90 even though my mileage is low. But it is still a fun car to drive. Less the shortage of power. :p
As for the new X3,I am getting around 8.2km/l for 60 highway 40 city which is similar to my E90 even though it is heavier and 3 litres,but the 8 speed gearbox is amazing!! :D Just did an oil change and floored the engine once and it really feels able to hit 5.7secs for 0-100km/h. But since there is so much torque and so many gear ratios,I don't really need to press the pedal much to move the car. The kick down is also very fast and smooth. Just to share. :)

Whaaaa now I wish I have the f25 with 8 speeds.

Hi, just got an e83 recently and would like some advice from more experienced owners: is the xdrive of this genertion noisy? I find that when I drive over humps/potholes/stretches of wet highway, there is a muffled whining sound from one or more wheels. I just need to clarify that it is normal. Thanks in advance!

Hi, just got an e83 recently and would like some advice from more experienced owners: is the xdrive of this genertion noisy? I find that when I drive over humps/potholes/stretches of wet highway, there is a muffled tapping sound from one or more wheels. I just need to clarify that it is normal. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88cocom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back