why same engine capacity but different power?

Re: why same engine capacity but different power?

Slow_poke_driver;1084029 said:
Of course buy 520i lah. Actually 516i also can.

Singapore everywhere jam, even weekends and public holiday also jam on PIE. Need so fast for what?

CCB government.
I don't drive everyday but I disagree on jam everywhere as there will be some pocket of emptiness. To find this pocket, one need to get car with good pwr/hp (< 8kg/hp).

seanskye;1084032 said:
Alpina luxobarge........
That's for driving to KL for breakfast, Ipoh for lunch & Singapore for dinner.

BMW's strategy of leveraging a few well designed engines and varying the F family chassis (now we have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, M & X series - There is no Z in the F family) to suite the individual's taste or lifestyle is really clever. And its just 4 engine supporting those platforms here in SG (N13, N20, N55 & S55). Each engine systematically organized into different power classes (Low, Average & Top) so it can differentiate even further within the same series.

It help build lots of sales now and with the detunes will help build sales later.

Red_Bean_Bun;1084089 said:
BMW's strategy of leveraging a few well designed engines and varying the F family chassis (now we have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, M & X series - There is no Z in the F family) to suite the individual's taste or lifestyle is really clever. And its just 4 engine supporting those platforms here in SG (N13, N20, N55 & S55). Each engine systematically organized into different power classes (Low, Average & Top) so it can differentiate even further within the same series.

It help build lots of sales now and with the detunes will help build sales later.

wow. You are knowledgeable.
I understand the 12345678. The bigger number the better to impress girls. Alphabet no good. For ah lau peh.
But don't understand the engine and detune part.
what is good?

Red_Bean_Bun;1084089 said:

I understand the 12345678. The bigger number the better to impress girls. Alphabet no good. For ah lau peh.
what is good?

IS250C;1084124 said:
what is good?
760, is good.

davidtch;1084084 said:
I don't drive everyday but I disagree on jam everywhere as there will be some pocket of emptiness. To find this pocket, one need to get car with good pwr/hp (< 8kg/hp).

That's for driving to KL for breakfast, Ipoh for lunch & Singapore for dinner.

I drive everyday and I jam almost everyday. Most avg 20km/hr...Some days 15km/hr...

8kg/hp is slow lah...like 320i 523i...sweet spot is 5kg/hp...useable fast...

IS250C;1084125 said:
what is good?

Got alphabet mean "pay more"

IS250C;1084124 said:
what is good?

Easier for mass production since it's modular .

davidtch;1083878 said:
Do u mean 320 vs 328?
or
520 vs 528?

Does both cars got the same equipment?

Over the wkend, i juz realised that F30 320 & F20 M135 got the same price. Which 1 to buy?

Hmm

Really? I think if similar reg date the price will be different leh

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
https://www.bmw-sg.com/fo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back