Wife poured coolant into engine

Success_Driven

Had a bad disaster when i was outstation. The low coolant level sign came out on the OBC while my wife was starting the car and wife mistook the engine oil fill cap as the coolant reservoir and poured a significant amount of water into the engine. Managed to drive a few kilometres before the engine stalled and had to tow car to workshop. Total bill for the repairs amount to few dollars shot of 5k and car feels different now. :verysad:

Any idea in the long run will affect the car after the hefty repair bill ? Workshop gave 3 months warranty on the repair and car still have 2 more years before COE expire.

Re: Wife poured coolant into engine

5k plus seems like a heavy sum... i pm u 1 workshop . u try ask for price

Ouch ouch, you need to give some basic "surface recognition" of symbols or parts to your wife... for future purposes.

Hmmm, repair seems to be along the lines of an engine overhaul clean-up. Imho, should be fine or good till expiry of coe.

Just imho only.

ahhuat88;1127354 said:
5k plus seems like a heavy sum... i pm u 1 workshop . u try ask for price

Damage already done bro... paid for the repairs liao... :-(

lol den cant help liao.. maybe u wanna give a short lesson on ur engine stuff to ur wife hahaha

ahhuat88;1127357 said:
lol den cant help liao.. maybe u wanna give a short lesson on ur engine stuff to ur wife hahaha

Hahaha...not trying to sound like an MCP here but women will always be women...don't know how many times you teach them or show to them what to do surely they will F**K it up for you...LOL

ahhahahaha maybe u wanna print notes n laminate it den paste on ur engine haahahha

Just tell wifey do NOT do anything in future & call for road assistance or tow truck..
don't save on this small money tell her..
Better be safe than to be sorry ya..
think this is the best way out..

Poor engine ...... sorry to hear that.

Success_Driven;1127348 said:
Had a bad disaster when i was outstation. The low coolant level sign came out on the OBC while my wife was starting the car and wife mistook the engine oil fill cap as the coolant reservoir and poured a significant amount of water into the engine. Managed to drive a few kilometres before the engine stalled and had to tow car to workshop. Total bill for the repairs amount to few dollars shot of 5k and car feels different now. :verysad:

Any idea in the long run will affect the car after the hefty repair bill ? Workshop gave 3 months warranty on the repair and car still have 2 more years before COE expire.

Dun let money spoil your day.

You should have get quotes first instead ..

an low mileage engine from a scrap yard in Malaysia is maybe less than 5k ...

Nevertheless do more oil servicing bah ...

What kinds of repairs did the WS actually do? Did they tell you exactly what was damaged and what was repaired and replaced? If you're ok with driving the car like this for 2 more years and don't plan on renewing COE, then I guess you can keep your fingers crossed that the car holds up.
Water inside engine blocks usually causes extremely serious damage to crankshaft bearings. The most likely damage is a "spun a bearing" when the oil got thinned out by the water. Thinned out oil can also be caused by leaky fuel injectors that thin out engine oil.
You can get a $30 used oil analysis from SGS to see if you have high lead content. That would indicate bearing damage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alo789mx
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back