Window jam.

L.A

Hi anyone kena power window jam? Goes down but would come up!!! When for a check saying the motor is ok but don't what thing spoil...cost $200-$300 repair.....

Re: Window jam.

L.A;868386 said:
Hi anyone kena power window jam? Goes down but would come up!!! When for a check saying the motor is ok but don't what thing spoil...cost $200-$300 repair.....

maybe the module faulty........or the button

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hi ac323.yap maybe! btw just want to check the repair cost.don't want to kena chop!! Lol.thanks ac

L.A;868406 said:
Hi ac323.yap maybe! btw just want to check the repair cost.don't want to kena chop!! Lol.thanks ac

Module i repaired before S$300 but is a long time ago already..................like in 2006

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I had the same case recently. There's a metal wire inside thst gave way.cost me $200 plus to replace.

U welcome.although only the metal wire inside broke but they sell in a set without the motor. THEY don't just sell the wire to replace.To be exact it cost me $230.

Ok tngtony..at least I know the damage now.thanks again..

Encountered the same situation, window wind down but stuck and cannot wind up.

For my case, the motor was working, as i can hear the motor when i pulled the switch. The window seem to be unable to come up as some was stuck and preventing it from doing so.

I tried the layman approach of troubleshooting: knocking around the door , pulling the slit of the door where the window retracts into slightly apart, etc.

After some trial and error, the window wind up! Saved some money for repairs.

It recurred once more so far and my trial and method worked once again. Didn't send it for repairs as it was the rear right passenger window and seldom wound down.

Maybe you can trial and error to wind it up first before sending it for repair.

Just change the whole mechanism (window lifting mechanism). Common wear and tear parts. price about right if labour inclusive.

The cable is wound around a plastic drum to allow the motor to grip and turn it. To keep the tension, the ends of the cable have springs that are captured in plastic. It's this plastic that fails. Super common in e90 rear doors.

I bought the part and DIY. Part sgd120 from eng soon
Can find the related video from YouTube..

BimE90;869657 said:
I bought the part and DIY. Part sgd120 from eng soon
Can find the related video from YouTube..

Good to hear it can be DIY!

I'll try that soon!

I recently had this problem too. Went to workshop and they mentioned its a common problem. Some plastic parts broken but motor still ok. Repaired at about SGD280

L.A;875945 said:
Repaired @. $230 last week

Just nice for Raya..........................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Any recommended workshop to repair ? My right rear is faulty. Currently manually push it up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubfail

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back