Windscreen kena hit by STONE !!!

Ahbengdriver

Legendary 10 Years
:( Ah Beng was driving on Malaysian roads and a stone came flying and hit my windscreen pretty hard, causing a small chip damage on the winscreen.

So how? Insurance cover or PML Warranty.:confused:

Re: Windscreen kena hit by STONE !!!

chip is OK lar, wait till crack appear because of chassis flex. If your insurance got windscreen cover then you can try for it to claim. No excess required.

warranty hahaha, are you serious?

if insurance covers it, the excess is probable more than the actual windscreen

juist buy a screen

most insurance companies have free replacement of windscreen per yr. beng, u can get it replaced but the new windscreen tinting will have to pay.

if its only very minor would those windscreen filler services work?

leave it if i were u, always have phobia about getting windscreen refitted. not to mention got to spend time and money on the tinting

check out the below link..this shop is in kl but I dunno whether its available in sg..

osCommerce

I have done the similar to my car windsreen since the crack was about 10cm and the outcome was great as the crack could not be seen at all...The cost was about RM250 and took 2 hours.Its really cheaper and faster then replacing the whole windscreeen and the rubber sealings...

Unless its very bad, I wouldn't bother. The cost of replacement is not high but they always say factory install is best. With local installation, the seals might not be so good etc...

I had similar worries, but after changing a windscreen almost 3 times in 5 years on one of my cars, there is no difference between factory install and agent install.

It's strange, but some cars I have have a much bigger tendency to change glass compared to the others.

i had mine changed at PML mths back, insurance fully covered.
jus tat i hv to redo the film on the windscreen again.

I've replaced my windscreen 3 times in the last 5 years...

It often starts with a small crack, but after some time, it may widen or extend to the edge. Then you need to get it replaced.

Your insurance should cover it, though sometimes you may have to pay $100 to reinstate windscreen cover. If your insurance does cover, do it at PML. Downtime is 2 days, since they will do a waterproof test on day 2 to make sure that there are no leaks...hope this helps.

the pain is having to redo the film...

I had DAB in my previous car... i was counting... redo file $200, redo DAB antenna $150.... change car lah.. cheaper...

henry2703;266539 said:
the pain is having to redo the film...

I had DAB in my previous car... i was counting... redo file $200, redo DAB antenna $150.... change car lah.. cheaper...

Wow...bro henry2703....change car because of $350 worth of repairs.....solid man!!! :nehnehhh:

Nothing compares to the pain of replacing a windscreen with a head up display.

yeap PML told me they need 2 days! They will do it then help me claim through insurance.

Just inconvenience otherwise. I may delay the replacing of windscreen until after my mata-van arrives so that this mata-chia can me left at PML for them to do whatever they need. Just hope that if I make another trip up north next month, the windscreen doesnt crack at high speeds.

PML being what they are, even an hour's job would be stretched till forever.

I have same problem but I did not bother to do anything. If you claim insurance, wouldn't they increase your insurance premium next year? Lower your NCB ?

Your NCB will not be affected.

However, the insurance company is free to increase your premium next year, but you can also opt for another insurer.

You may also have to pay $100 to reinstate the windscreen cover.

I think 2 days down time is reasonable to ensure that there is no leakage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bapehoodies1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back