Windscreen replacement

Future

Hi Guys,

Think i got hit by a stone while travelling along the expressway as i heard a loud sound and then i noticed a hairline crack. Stopped my car to check and saw there is a 5cent coins size crack at the start of the hairline.

Sucks as just gotten car 3 months ago. Hope after replacement done, will be as good as original.

Anyone here can recommend where to get it replaced and potential downtime?

Re: Windscreen replacement

is your ride under warranty? MSIG???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Future;937353 said:
yes, under warranty. MSIG

then simple just drive in tomorrow (PML) to report it and get a date to have it replaced....( is covered by insurance )

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Future;937357 said:
ok. thanks bro. any idea downtime?

1 full day............or 1 and the half....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Red_Bean_Bun;937375 said:
Try to check the part number while you are at it ......

true later they pass you E89 windscreen...........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Future;937357 said:
ok. thanks bro. any idea downtime?
Bro, when r u planning to go to see PML for this windscreen matter? I have a similar case...windscreen chipped....due to a F@&$ing stone hit while driving down to kl.....i am weighing the option between repairing and replacing as I would prefer to repair than replace.....but would like to seek a professional opinion first, was advised by ac323 to visit Glass-fix.......
http://www.glass-fix.net/
But I would also like to check with PML as my insurance is with MSIG as well.....and car is just 5 months old.....sian... :(
....let me know if u going tomorrow.....maybe I could meet u there at PML.....Here's my tread....
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-x-series-owners/73245-windscreen-chipped.html

Monfreeze 92958603.....
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Glassfix is ok. done it before there. They will take care of the insurance filing etc. half day job.

Monfreeze Archangel;937408 said:
Bro, when r u planning to go to see PML for this windscreen matter? I have a similar case...windscreen chipped....due to a F@&$ing stone hit while driving down to kl.....i am weighing the option between repairing and replacing as I would prefer to repair than replace.....but would like to seek a professional opinion first, was advised by ac323 to visit Glass-fix.......
:: Welcome to Glass-Fix! ::
But I would also like to check with PML as my insurance is with MSIG as well.....and car is just 5 months old.....sian... :(
....let me know if u going tomorrow.....maybe I could meet u there at PML.....Here's my tread....

Monfreeze 92958603.....
Cheers

Monfreeze 92958603.....
Cheers

Bro,

Just saw your message. I went down PML today. Got to get it replaced as mine is a 20cm hairline crack, cannot do repair. So went down just report and set date for replacement. About 2 days job. As what bro ac323 said.

Future;937749 said:
Bro,

Just saw your message. I went down PML today. Got to get it replaced as mine is a 20cm hairline crack, cannot do repair. So went down just report and set date for replacement. About 2 days job. As what bro ac323 said.

No worries...anyway I was tied up running errands....plan to go tomorrow. ....glad that u got it sorted..
Cheers....

Just got my 05' e60 windscreen replaced today due to a small chip.
Actually was more particular with the brittle windscreen moulding....

No fees involved as its covered by the insurance coverage.

Done by a workshop in kaki bukit autobay.
Left the car there at 10am & it was ready for collection at 2.30pm.

Drove d car w/o d windscreen solar film & sunshade earlier, dam buay tahan d heat & glare manz so gota get it done asap....

Last edited by a moderator:
Windscreen replacement

got a stone chip on my windscreen.

thanks for the headsup, ac323. i went to glass-fix. 15 mins, $55++. done. happy.

the guy kept asking why i dun wanna replace. well, mine was 2cm only. why wanna rip out a factory-installed windscreen, waste time to replace, retint at my own costs?

Future;937749 said:
Bro,

Just curious, the excess of the insurance will not come into play for windscreen? Or ur insurance no excess??? :)

Windscreen insurance is separate from the car insurance.

Monfreeze 92958603.....
Cheers

bro,just to highlight to you as i saw u r using msig,my previous hyundai avante also used msig,windscreen cracked so i replaced and pay 100 excess,bought the insurance at sept .after that i changed car on dec to my e90.call to cancel policy with msig coz my e90 using RSA.they refused to refund me a single cent despite using only 3 months.there is a clause stated if replace windscreen or have a claim.they will not do refund.i so angry,before buy from them never state that to me.i will never buy from msig even they r cheap.

hi guys, any one has experience doing windscreen replacemt in PML ?

can stone chip warrant a replacement or hv to only repair ?

hope 2 get yr kind advice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alo789mx
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back