Windscreen sprinkler not working...

spec07

Hi guys,

I am driving a E90 320i for the past 3 years. Today, when trying to spray the windscreen with the sprinkler. Found that it is very very weak. What could have been the problem here? Where can I get it fix and what is the damage?

Please advice.

Thank you so much!

Re: Windscreen sprinkler not working...

Got foreign object choking the nozzle or not?

davidtch;1103379 said:
Got foreign object choking the nozzle or not?

Have not checked this though, will try to get a pin to insert into both of the nozzle holes and see if it helps.

My observation is that both nozzle there is still water coming out but is very very weak, the water cant even reached the windscreen. This happen to both of the nozzle, not just one.

spec07;1103420 said:
Have not checked this though, will try to get a pin to insert into both of the nozzle holes and see if it helps.

My observation is that both nozzle there is still water coming out but is very very weak, the water cant even reached the windscreen. This happen to both of the nozzle, not just one.

Have just tried inserting both nozzle holes with a needle in. Result is still the same. The water spraying out is still very very weak. What could be the problem here? Anyone has this problem before? If replacement of pump or repair what would be the damage here?

old liao cannot shoot far is understandable. hor..... kenn?

jonleeck said:
old liao cannot shoot far is understandable. hor..... kenn?

I soot your backside you will fly to Tampines IKEA you baboon face......

........10 char

Likely the water pump old liao.
Less than $100 job if you get parts from Eng Soon and ask your ws to change it when servicing

Hi, I encounter the same problem as you too before. It the nozzle hole stuck. Just get the workshop to use the air spray to spray into the wiper nozzle hole and the problem is solved. Had to spray and test a few time to confirm it clear before leaving as it might choke again.

Wenhui_06;1103444 said:
Hi, I encounter the same problem as you too before. It the nozzle hole stuck. Just get the workshop to use the air spray to spray into the wiper nozzle hole and the problem is solved. Had to spray and test a few time to confirm it clear before leaving as it might choke again.

It happens to both of your nozzle as well? I try inserting both nozzle with a pin but still the same.

Yes. I encounter both side also the same problem. Water spray out very mild like no power. Using needle not able to, so got my workshop to spray the nozzle when went servicing and now spraying fine. It due to the debris struck inside, the hole is very fine so using needle will not clear the airway for the water to flow.

spec07;1103455 said:
It happens to both of your nozzle as well? I try inserting both nozzle with a pin but still the same.
I had weak sprays for both nozzles. Turn out to be dirty water filter in the reservoir. They had to replace the water filter.

Did they had to remove the reservoir to get to the filter ?

LimPeh;1103461 said:
I had weak sprays for both nozzles. Turn out to be dirty water filter in the reservoir. They had to replace the water filter.

Red_Bean_Bun;1103494 said:
Did they had to remove the reservoir to get to the filter ?
Yes, they had to remove the reservoir.

Possible damage could be the pump at the reservoir, damage cost need to check with the Non performance Motor part supplier being one of the sponsor, perhaps it is good to try ask your regular workshop to take out the hose just before the spray head, reverse spray the hose with compressed air, open the reservoir cap before this procedure to let the air bubbles release, some small object may block the hose, this is free of charge.

Bring it to a workshop.

I had problem with pervious car and it turned out to be pump which needed replacing. Part of the job, R2D also added some sort of liquid in tank that prevent crap such as algae from building up

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1jun88net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back