Windshield Wipers

Hey guys,was wondering how often u guys change yr windshield wipers? and r there any good aftermarket wipers or should i just keep to original bmw wipers.TIA!!! :)

IMHO you sh not change unless the wipers are giving you serious problem.....Mine will get stuck on the right wiper if I do not spray some water on the windscreen.....so change mine to brand new one ( poorer by $59 ) and the same prob came back after 1 week :verysad:
Spend $3 on the orig BMW windscreen cleanser to be put in yr water tank and yr wiper will look better as it cleans better with the cleanser....so u decide $3 or $59 for a full set of wipers?......

probably about once a year. Telltale signs are when streaking starts to occur.

I park my sun under the freaking hot sun from morning till evening. (absolutely no shade). My stock wipers started to streak after only 2 months.

I've changed to the silicon ones. Been using them 6 months. No problems so far. They cost me $39 just for the blades. So far, I'm quite happy with them.

NightHawk said:
I park my sun under the freaking hot sun from morning till evening. (absolutely no shade). My stock wipers started to streak after only 2 months.

I've changed to the silicon ones. Been using them 6 months. No problems so far. They cost me $39 just for the blades. So far, I'm quite happy with them.

hey bro where did u get them and for the rest of the bros that replied thanks!!!

diablos320 said:
NightHawk said:
I believe I got them from McWell Ventures but don't think they carry them anymore. The brand is "Dura-Edge" silicon refill.

This is their website
http://www.duratech.com.sg/product.htm

There is a link to their authorised dealers

thanks will try it out ;)

Not mistaken Carrefour selling it at 20 odd...kinda forget.But its good.

Hi All,

Just like to share something about the wipers and saving money on changing them (They're bloody expensive).

Try this tonight when you're at home. Mix water with your regular car cleaner. Clean the wipers (yes, the rubber part) with the cloth.

You'll be amazed with the amount of dirt on the rubber and how well this works.

It worked for my car and hope it saves you cash.

Re: Windshield Wipers

LesterTan;45263 said:
Hi All,

Just like to share something about the wipers and saving money on changing them (They're bloody expensive).

Try this tonight when you're at home. Mix water with your regular car cleaner. Clean the wipers (yes, the rubber part) with the cloth.

You'll be amazed with the amount of dirt on the rubber and how well this works.

It worked for my car and hope it saves you cash.

Heyzzz..

I just tried this using my fingers and they're all black now... I tot my passenger side wipers were better left off as it didn't clean at all... I decided to clean it a little and realised how dirty and dusty it was...

Btw i park my car in industrial area thus car gets lotsa dirt and requires washing (normal petrol kiosk wash) twice a week...

Gg back to Cartimes to get my polish for the new year soon...

I am on a 520e60 , the passenger side wiper seems to be giving me some problem . During wiping action , it keeps knocking onto the top rightside of the front wind screen frame . Any fellow readers have the same problem n how to solve . Can the wiper wipe angle be set to smaller wipe angle ?

Golf-mass;599111 said:
I am on a 520e60 , the passenger side wiper seems to be giving me some problem . During wiping action , it keeps knocking onto the top rightside of the front wind screen frame . Any fellow readers have the same problem n how to solve . Can the wiper wipe angle be set to smaller wipe angle ?

Sorry for error , should be the top left side of the wind shield .

Hi guy, just to check where to get replacement parts for the wiper cover (clip) for 320 e90. Thanks in advance

jaeboey: you can try eng soon.

golf-mass: yes there is a way to change the wiper's angle, just get any skilled mechanics to do it. i may be wrong but there may be a possibility that your blades are a little too long?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhdstar

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back