Wipe-down after heavy rain

axl

Qn goes out to those who dunt have maids nor personal groomers at their disposal. :laughlik:

Let's say, you just drove thru' a heavy rainy thru not-so-dirty roads, would you consider it to be safe, after reaching your house, to just hose down the car (or wipe liberally with a clean bucket of water + sponge for hoseless pp) and wipe dry with a chamois?

Comments please?

Re: Wipe-down after heavy rain

never wipe with chamois.....they rub away ur wax.

i will hose it down.....the rain water here is toxic!
then 3/4 bucket of water plus 1/4 zymol foam....
wash the car top half first from the roof down. leave the bottom half for the last part...cos thats the dirtiest...
then hose down..n wipe off with terry cloth.

terry cloth? made from which part of his feathers fur?

Rain water + dirt = water spots when dry !!! So how clean can it be?

So when wet, you have to remove the rain water + dirt. Wash it like any other day.

would never do that if i have driven on wet roads... Imagine the dirty water sprayed from other cars' tyres on your paintwork..
but if the car was just standing/not driven in the rain, and was clean right before it rained, then maybe you might get away with it without imparting micro-scratches/marring on your paintwork.

oh. i just wait for the next rain.

car wash is when your passenger open car door the hands got all dirty, then angry liao wipe on your shirt, then to prevent yourself from kena again later in the day quickly go for car wash (if it doesnt rain before the day is up)

axl;373809 said:
Qn goes out to those who dunt have maids nor personal groomers at their disposal. :laughlik:

Let's say, you just drove thru' a heavy rainy thru not-so-dirty roads, would you consider it to be safe, after reaching your house, to just hose down the car (or wipe liberally with a clean bucket of water + sponge for hoseless pp) and wipe dry with a chamois?

Comments please?

ah gay ,

rainwater is polluted... and there might be dust or dirt on ur car when u driving... so wiping down after rain is a very bad idea...

lets put it this way... its like gargling with alot of food stuck in ur mouth with murky water...

in this case the food is dust and dirt collected after driving and murky water is the rain water...

and also like what toto say... chaomis destroys wax... so use soft microfiber towel preferably waffle weave for efficient water absorbtion

heavy rain is better than small drizzle... heavy rain less dirt in the droplets .. what u wanna worry abt is those small drizzle with sun shining .. kills your paint work ...

after a heavy rain, it is the rims that bother me.......the film of brake dust mixed with water are a teriible sight and hard to remove.

I go to carwash almost weekly, earlier if dirty after rain
That is OK right? Too much trouble to wash car at home every few days

asianrage;376602 said:
I go to carwash almost weekly, earlier if dirty after rain
That is OK right? Too much trouble to wash car at home every few days

Everyone got different personal standard for car "shininess"/cleanliness .... so cannot judge what's ok for your situation..

the more often you wash your car, your sealant/wax durability decreases, and you have to wax your car more often.

doggie said:
heavy rain is better than small drizzle... heavy rain less dirt in the droplets .. what u wanna worry abt is those small drizzle with sun shining .. kills your paint work ...
Yah I agree!! The worse place for me personally is on the bonnet... esp for engines running v hot and without adequate insulation protecting the bonnet. The small droplets will just evaporate quickly even without the sun (on a cloudy day)... over time, without a good protective wax/sealant, this will form "hundreds" of water spots which looks like mini craters.... like moh peng. Owners of cars with a hot running engine and without adequate insulation for the bonnet should wax the bonnet more often than the rest of the car.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88events
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back