Wiper Jammed during Rainy Days

Jetpilot

Hi guys, does anyone face the same problem as me?
My wiper will jam and stop moving. When I turn on the wiper controller, the wipers start to sweep again but I can't stop it.
It will jam again.

I went to my mechanic and he changed a fuse for me. The problem still returns and he told me that I need to change the wiper
system which cost a fair sum of money. Does anyone has similar issue and rectify it with a simpler and cheaper solution.

Re: Wiper Jammed during Rainy Days

Try Dr Rod at R2D, get a proper diagnosis of the problem and he will advise you the option(s) on fixing it.

If it ain't broken, he will not ask you to replace the parts.

Jetpilot;935457 said:
My wiper will jam and stop moving. When I turn on the wiper controller, the wipers start to sweep again but I can't stop it.
It will jam again.

I went to my mechanic and he changed a fuse for me. The problem still returns and he told me that I need to change the wiper
system which cost a fair sum of money. Does anyone has similar issue and rectify it with a simpler and cheaper solution.

I also face the same issue.halfway wiper not working. Can't even see the God damm road.Eventually. park at the side of the road.

try changing to a higher rated ampere fuse guys

Jetpilot;935457 said:
It will jam again.

Bro yrs which model? f30s had wiper problems and they had to change the FEM unit and reprogramme sw in car

Guys, I noticed in the last couple of wks my wiper movement was slow as compared to normal. I tried adjusting the speed but same slow speed occurs. With today's downpour my wiper failed all together, it stopped moving. So can't drive. wiper washer is working still. Anyone has same experience? Oh I am driving '06 E90. Tks

I had the same problem a few weeks ago, wiper jam half way. Just change the wiper relay and all is back to normal again (cross fingers).

As bro growler mentioned, there's a recall going on for all f20/f30 for Fem that will fix wiper jam, something to do with wrong current sent to the wiper unit causing it to jam. Send back to pml/ma for rectification.

Frankiefoo;953098 said:
Guys, I noticed in the last couple of wks my wiper movement was slow as compared to normal. I tried adjusting the speed but same slow speed occurs. With today's downpour my wiper failed all together, it stopped moving. So can't drive. wiper washer is working still. Anyone has same experience? Oh I am driving '06 E90. Tks

Bro, could it be your fuse? I have similar issue and I have changed the fuse but doesn't work. Recently, my friend drove my car and had the same problem and he just got out of the car and push the wiper down and since then it works without complain. I also don't know how to explain this rectification. Wierd though!

My intermitten wiping speed is always the same. So sick. Going to bring down to Rodney and let him take alone during my service.

kon;953159 said:
As bro growler mentioned, there's a recall going on for all f20/f30 for Fem that will fix wiper jam, something to do with wrong current sent to the wiper unit causing it to jam. Send back to pml/ma for rectification.

Driving an F30.

My just went 3 days ago. It will still sweep but the rain sensor does not sense rain and keep the wiper on. If you turn it off, the blades will stop where it is and not return to the base of the screen.

Went to MA yesterday. They did the FEM but the wiper unit is already damaged and they need to order a replacement module for Germany. Lead time 14 working days. Covered by warranty.

I'm just hoping the wipers will not just stop working all together. Especially in these days of rain!

ironhawk;954975 said:
Driving an F30.

My just went 3 days ago. It will still sweep but the rain sensor does not sense rain and keep the wiper on. If you turn it off, the blades will stop where it is and not return to the base of the screen.

Went to MA yesterday. They did the FEM but the wiper unit is already damaged and they need to order a replacement module for Germany. Lead time 14 working days. Covered by warranty.

I'm just hoping the wipers will not just stop working all together. Especially in these days of rain!

Make sure you pray your car every morning :)

kon;955037 said:
Make sure you pray your car every morning :)

Good thing its CNY and I dont have to specially go and buy oranges...:nehnehhh:

Then they still need to reprogramme your FEM and that takes a couple of hours!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latemarriage
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back