Workshop Experience for Brembo GT BBK for E92 M3

monte

Hi All

I'm new to the BMW community and would like to seek the advice of the "old timers" here. At the moment I'm inclining towards a Brembo GT 6/4 380mm BBK (although the Alcon Superkit seems like good value) but i cant seem to find much feedback on the service level/competence of the workshops that fit Brembo in this forum.

The obvious workshops that do Brembo BBK (that I am aware of) are Just for Cars and Boss. I would be grateful if any of you could share your personal experience with these workshops or any other that you would like to recommend. Please feel free to PM me should you feel that your comments may not be suitable for general consumption! would also be grateful for any price level indications - I was quoted $14xxx for a Brembo GT 6/4 380mm set (btw, just for your info the Brembo GT-R was around $28K!).

One last question, for those of you who have upgraded to a BBK, how does this affect your warranty at Munich Auto?

thank you all for your time.

best regards

Re: Workshop Experience for Brembo GT BBK for E92 M3

Thank you to the forum members who have PM'ed me with some info!

I was expecting the price which I was quoted to be on the high side but I didnt realise that the difference was so big!! (the quote which i got was from a telephone conversation with one of the two workshops mentioned above).

I would be grateful for any other information which others would like to share - please PM me if you prefer. many thanks!

I also have question regarding the rotors - from some threads that I have read, it seems that the cross-drilled rotors are prone to cracking if you drive aggressively and/or track your car. Yet the majority of the Brembo BBKs that I have seen are crossed-drilled. for normal road driving and occasional (say once a year tracking) does it make any difference? i'm guessing that most choose crossed-drilled as aesthetically they look better!!

Cross drilled will not be as good as slotted as you are right - cracking and heat. Especially if tracking aggressively.

But looks much better .....

monte;994704 said:
Thank you to the forum members who have PM'ed me with some info!

I was expecting the price which I was quoted to be on the high side but I didnt realise that the difference was so big!! (the quote which i got was from a telephone conversation with one of the two workshops mentioned above).

I would be grateful for any other information which others would like to share - please PM me if you prefer. many thanks!

I also have question regarding the rotors - from some threads that I have read, it seems that the cross-drilled rotors are prone to cracking if you drive aggressively and/or track your car. Yet the majority of the Brembo BBKs that I have seen are crossed-drilled. for normal road driving and occasional (say once a year tracking) does it make any difference? i'm guessing that most choose crossed-drilled as aesthetically they look better!!

Fitting BBK is a piece of cake job for most car garages these days.
But having said that, go to those that you have heard...Boss, BVO, J4C
Can't go wrong.

Don't ever opt for cross drilled rotors when you are upgrading.

Dont know how much you got in the end for the Brembo or Alcon but you should consider AP Racing 6/4 (rotors are slightly smaller than typical Brembos n Alcons ) but tell ya AP makes the best brakes...

Hi TripleM
thanks for your comments. yes, AP are great BBKs as well - I had them for my GTI. in fact that's how I realised that the stock M3 brakes were surprising lacking.... i though i'll try something different this time...

anyone here have any experience with the workshop 2277 Brandz? i gather they are a relatively new set-up. please PM if you feel it's more appropriate! many thanks!

best regards

Am using Brembo GT bbk..just loving it.

:)

Argh, you guys are not helping me to save $.

We want pix :)

WTB 2ND HAND FULL BRAKE!! FOR E92 M3 2009.
Brembo GT 380mm 6piston, cross drilled ( front ). Brembo GT 345mm 4piston, cross drilled ( rear ).

PLEASE PM ME!!

THANKS

Ceramic BBKs - best-est! Not cheap but worth the money.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebaidoithuongnetvc

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back