Worst Service - Simota distributor

Re: Worst Service - Simota distributor

Kiddy M said:
yo andy bro.. why don't use Hurricane filter? J4C ot them... PM Seetoh lor....

yo u r back alive!!!!

are you talking to me? i am not andy. :nehnehhh:

shaaz said:
keeping it stock is a very good thing, it actually works better then open pod..

yeah right !! like u kept yrs stock hehe !! :lol2:

Any brand of aftermarket filter for E90?

can't wait to get it changed.. :angry:

SMYUEN said:
how does our local temperature affect the open cone filter performance?

It's mainly due to the heat. Tropical country is hot, engine bay is hot all these are not helping the air intake temperature. Warmer air => negative engine performance

If u try cruising in the mid day vs mid night, u will feel quite a bit of difference in the performance using open pod set up.

As I hv said before, a good set up is actually an intake that draws air directly from the outside with proper inlet into the intake manifold. Or if are running an open pod system, a better positioning of the filter is very important...Further away from the heat in the engine should yield better result.

Having said that, it's equally important to know your air/fuel ratio once you are done with your set up...u need to know if you are running rich/lean. This is where ECU tuning plays a pivotal role.

jack - i see... so which means our stock air-box is better accustomed to our climate? that is putting an open pod box will result in :
1. no gain or
2. negative gain? i.e. worse performance?

i think whether you gain or lose depends on ambient temperature and the position of your open pod. so at times, you'll feel a gain and at times a loss.

you'll have greater chance of positive gains if the pod is placed low and far from the engine.... but putting it in such a position also increases your chances of hydrolock.

the only way to find out is to try i guess.

*hint* HP filter anyone?

my reason for putting a open pod CAI is for the sound. i no mind a little hp lost too. anyway my driving is mostly done in the early morning and evening. :)

some say the sound gain is = 50hp gain! ha

correct me if i'm wrong but i believe part of the reason why the open pod is louder because there's no shielding from a sealed air box so the sound waves are not muffled.

so if you were to cut vents or holes into the pre-air-filter area of your airbox, ie the bottom of your box, you ought to be able to achieve a similar effect with a panel filter. of course you also draw in hot air from the engine compartment. but hey, at least this way it's cheaper.

K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&NK&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N K&N...why not just KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN KNN...KNN integrity suspect sales ppl...KNN stuck in this cock up country cant go back for movie tonight...KNN KNN KNN!!!

wa lau... yo Mark bro! yes, I am back.. sorry got mixed up... hehehehe.... :)
eh.. u only want the CAI sound ah.. like how a VTEC would sound when they rev it up... eh.. why u want to make ur E46 like that?
Better silent killer mah... nicer... sleek...ahhahaha....
Get the K&N or Hurricane la... Hurricane I think easier maintenance... K&N gotta oil...

dun kill lah.....scare lorry and taxi driver can liao. :)

ahahahah... wa lau... u ah... classic sia... why.. u always kena terrrorise by them is it.... heehheeh....
I still think keepin ur stock box... and add in a drop in filter is the best option.... like what all the other bros here said...

considering that now if the simota CAI doesn't come in next week. not much option anyway.

i am in a gradual process of stripping the parts off from my car. While u guys are on Simota, i am willing to trade +topup back to the stock airfilter system on ur cars. Those who are interested can PM me. Sorry to Threadstarter to OT. END OT.

Cheers.

it's finally here. dun threaten to take back deposit they will not work. ha

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts