Wrapping my AH5 with M5 Bodykit

ANdrewTsh

After driving my ride for a year, decided to change my Activehybrid 5 body to my favorite Bodykit style. As one forum bro said, probably the only AH5 in the world with M5 Bodykit kit. Still retaining my badge.

Many thanks to Daniel from JDM. I guess this guinea pig is very happy with the result.

Thought to share with all of you.

Next thing thatnismout of place is my exhaust. Got to do something about that. Any suggestion?

Re: Wrapping my AH5 with M5 Bodykit

you should consider the vorsteiner diffuser while doing the bodykit if you wish to maintain your OEM exhaust
just change the tip to twin only

now you probably need to source for aftermarket exhaust to fit the M5 diffuser
since it's AH5 with 6pot turbo ... go for vroom vroom exhaust like akrapovic (quite ex) or eisenman
i think stainless steel (not titanium) akrapovic price is just a slight top up from eisenman only

btw, what's that underneath the front bumper?
ML_030.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I did but thought that this diffuser is too "fierce" for me unfortunately. If only I am 10 years younger.....

Nothin is old.... its the will to whether want to commit or not... I seen some uncles ride are all v fierce look...

Andrew, bodykit looks good.

Should quickly cover up the exhaust though, looks strange from the rear. Might wanna consider 3rd party exhaust which will also add some nice music.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your support & patience for being the first to install this M5 conversion kit.

Really glad that you're happy with it.

Cheers :)

Akrapovic, Eisenman or Remus have nice deep sound. Not sure which one of them will fit your car though? Check with site sponsors.

ANdrewTsh;1029405 said:
Thanks. Any suggestion on 3rd party exhaust?

My previous E92 on Eisenmann,you might wanna consider.:p

ANdrewTsh;1029395 said:
I did but thought that this diffuser is too "fierce" for me unfortunately. If only I am 10 years younger.....

your F10 looks good..........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Unfortunately, my missus doesn't think so.... But who cares....., I'm happy.
ac323;1029411 said:
your F10 looks good..........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ANdrewTsh;1029413 said:
Unfortunately, my missus doesn't think so.... But who cares....., I'm happy.
Like your style bro :)

My job requires that I be conservative unfortunately - at least on the surface. That's why it's a hybrid and why M5 kit. I want an exhaust that behaves normally when not pushed but will give out a great low roaring sound when excited. Any recommendation which best fits my requirements.
JuzMe;1029407 said:
Akrapovic, Eisenman or Remus have nice deep sound. Not sure which one of them will fit your car though? Check with site sponsors.

ANdrewTsh;1029415 said:
My job requires that I be conservative unfortunately - at least on the surface. That's why it's a hybrid and why M5 kit. I want an exhaust that behaves normally when not pushed but will give out a great low roaring sound when excited. Any recommendation which best fits my requirements.

or just weld a twin tips? so stock exhaust remains

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Wrapping my AH5 with M5 Bodykit

ANdrewTsh;1029415 said:

Banker? anyway conservative = sleeper = 535i with stock body kit. I see you have been successfully poisoned by this forum. Congrats...!

ANdrewTsh;1029415 said:
I'm on Akrapovic and volumn is nice and gets excited when step on pedal. Absolutely love the deep rumbling tone without being obnoxious. However, with customers in the car, I'll shift up gears earlier to lessen the sound "to look more professional". Another positive thing about Akrapovic is that it's LTA compliant. Only thing I wish for is wireless kit for mine so can remotely turn it on/off. For BMW, I think Akrapovic only make wireless kit for 1M. Check out video of Audi S5 on Arkravic website and you know what I mean about their wireless kit.

Eiseman and Remus are good too except their race version is non-LTA friendly.

Considered but thrown out. I would have kept my F10 520i and not upgraded to AH5 otherwise.

ac323;1029419 said:
or just weld a twin tips? so stock exhaust remains

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ANdrewTsh;1029435 said:
Considered but thrown out. I would have kept my F10 520i and not upgraded to AH5 otherwise.

oh i see....
time to visit an Exhaust shop soon...

can try Fong Kim or Jeep Chee
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Car belongs to the company ? How come need to be conservative ?

Customers, suppliers, bosses should not have a say on your car.

Wife however depends ......... The noise she makes can be louder than the exhaust.

Red_Bean_Bun;1029443 said:
Wife however depends ......... The noise she makes can be louder than the exhaust

That, bro RBB, is an instant classic statement. Alas, so true, so true..... :lol2::lol2:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j888top
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back