• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

WTB: BMW baby seat with isofix

Hon

Hi All

I'm looking for a bmw baby car seat for my 10mths old baby girl. Will be good if they are equipped with isofix. Please pm or sms me at 97473180. Thanks. :)

Re: WTB: BMW baby seat with isofix

i was looking for an ISO FIX when I got my car but gave up the ideas cos it cost 40-50% more than a standard model. e.g. MAXI COSI PriorXP = $300-450 MAXI COSI PriorXP with ISO FIX = $700-800. not so worth it IMO.

those are jus my thoughts.

Tats a lot of diff. Okie, let's drop the isofix.

Anyone selling BMW baby car seat? Saw some previous post, those BMW baby car seat looks nice. Please PM or SMS me your offer. Thanks.

if I not mistaken. all BMW car seat are ISO FIX fitted. Christmas coming. checked Tangs 5th flr (clidren stuff) for Maxi Cosi PriorXP offers. it was below $300 on last yr christmas if I remember. all the best.

Thanks again acupunch. Your info is really helpful. Looks like I have to go for early Xmas shopping for baby car seat.

After reading what you guys typed, I did some reading up. Apparently, rear facing child seats are alot safer but in general, do you guys just go for forward facing ones or otherwise? How crucial is isofix if you have your 5 point harness anyway?

7-CC-BAR018-300.jpg

ISOFIX stands for "International Standards Organisation FIX". It is a standard for installing child seats into cars and is intended to make fitting child seats quick and simple.

When cars are manufactured, ISOFIX points are built into them. Child seat manufacturers also build ISOFIX fitting points on their child seats. This will enable ISOFIX child seats to be simply plugged into the ISOFIX points in the car.

ISOFIX is an essential development because many people find it difficult to fit child seats correctly, and many surveys have found that a high proportion of the child seats are not fitted securely enough.

Most child seats are currently designed to be fitted by using a car's adult lap and diagonal seat belt (or sometimes, just a lap belt). However, car seats, seat belts, and their anchorages vary dramatically between different models of cars. Car seats have different shapes; some seat belts are much shorter than others, the position of the anchor points differs so some are further forward or have shorter stalks than others. All these factors make it virtually impossible to make a child car seat that fits all cars, and sometimes tricky to fit a child car seat correctly.

ISOFIX is designed to solve all these problems. The ultimate aim is that any ISOFIX child car seat you buy will fit your car simply by plugging it into the ISOFIX points.

If like to read more about ISOFIX click here

i choose front forward cos I like to see my kids from my rear view mirror. cos something I don't have passenger at the rear to look after the kids. but I agreed rear facing its more safe than front forward.

I doubt baby over 9mths old like to face the back view while on the move. I'm going for front-facing.
To all shopping gurus, is there any xmas sales on at Tang, Robinson or John Little this week?

Hon;392289 said:
I doubt baby over 9mths old like to face the back view while on the move. I'm going for front-facing.
To all shopping gurus, is there any xmas sales on at Tang, Robinson or John Little this week?

Does your wife have the Robinson's card? Makes a difference...

I know Takashimaya would prob have their season starting end of this month but I'm still waiting for the brochure... So for Tangs, Citibank cards give you 5% rebate which I love though it's 5% but not restricted to whether you bought a discounted item or not...

acupunch;392260 said:
if I not mistaken. all BMW car seat are ISO FIX fitted. Christmas coming. checked Tangs 5th flr (clidren stuff) for Maxi Cosi PriorXP offers. it was below $300 on last yr christmas if I remember. all the best.
wa, acupunch the ultimate guru for car seat. Anyway thanks a lot for the info.

Here's the Britax ASIS ISOFIX available from mothercare. Best I've ever seen. Tough and easy to clean too. Lasted 3 years and still going strong.

DSC02932.jpg

Wow.. This forum is so informative. But I need a 2nd hand car seat for me baby of 10mths, anyone selling? Money no enough, so cannot afford new car seat. :p

Hi Hon,

If you want to get Maxi Cosi seats, you can head down to:

Baby's HyperStore
69 Kaki Bukit Ave 1
Shun Li Industrial Parkk
Tel: 6844 1123

Opening Hrs:
Mon-Sat 11am-9pm
Sun & Public Holidays: 11am-7pm

They are the local suppliers if I'm not wrong and their prices are relatively lower all-year round compared to places like Tangs (etc) since they are the distributors. I got my stuff (Quinny + Maxi Cosi) from them.

Hon;392479 said:
Wow.. This forum is so informative. But I need a 2nd hand car seat for me baby of 10mths, anyone selling? Money no enough, so cannot afford new car seat. :p
2nd hand car seat is dangerous - you never know what it went through.

when I was sourcing for Quinny 3 yrs ago. I find prices at Baby Hyperstore Ubi wasn't good. I bough it from Kids Mall Suntec instead. it was $289 instead of $320 at Baby Hyperstore. The best is go round to compare their price. one item cheap doesn't everything else its cheap. but it will be troublesome to travel around to so many store to find out the price. :(

acupunch;392549 said:
when I was sourcing for Quinny 3 yrs ago. I find prices at Baby Hyperstore Ubi wasn't good. I bough it from Kids Mall Suntec instead.
I read that Kidsmall is also very good for Quinny stuff. Worth recommending. IMO both places are cheaper than departmental stores and the selection is definitely better.

I never knew "Kids Mall" existed...

I didn't knew either. Is it name of a shop or a name for a mall?
Where is it located?

fiercepink;392589 said:
I never knew "Kids Mall" existed...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debetninja
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back