• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

WTB: H&R Sport Springs for E60 Pre-lCI

Re: WTB: H&R Sport Springs for E60 Pre-lCI

Or can anyone recommend any good site sponsor who carry this H&R or maybe some distributor or workshop?

TIA

Fluidspin;945634 said:
Or can anyone recommend any good site sponsor who carry this H&R or maybe some distributor or workshop?

TIA

Fongkim quoted $650 with installation & alignment when i was there ytd...

motoxxx55;945682 said:
Fongkim quoted $650 with installation & alignment when i was there ytd...

good price, buy brand new better.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Fluidspin;946294 said:
By the way, did you change to h&r springs? How was it?

Nope, only enquire abt it. For tat price tag, i rather top up abit more for a used set of coilovers

motoxxx55;946299 said:
Nope, only enquire abt it. For tat price tag, i rather top up abit more for a used set of coilovers

used coilover also not cheap..................( top-up abit ? )

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

R2D carry H&R springs, got mine for my E90 from them.

Can call to check out the price.

ac323;946300 said:
used coilover also not cheap..................( top-up abit ? )

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Less than 1k shld b able to get a decent set of used coilovers bah

motoxxx55;946389 said:
Less than 1k shld b able to get a decent set of used coilovers bah

maybe BC..........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Thanks guys for your replies. Basically I'm looking to just lower my ride whilst still maintaining the ride comfort. Not really looking at any increase in performance. So would springs be a better choice or a set of decent coilovers instead? And I would like to use back my stock dampers with new springs.

TIA.

vexxus;946383 said:
R2D carry H&R springs, got mine for my E90 from them.

Can call to check out the price.

Thanks! Are you using stock dampers and how is the ride comfort in your opinion after the change?

Fluidspin;946457 said:
Thanks! Are you using stock dampers and how is the ride comfort in your opinion after the change?

Hi,

Im on Bilstein B6 shock, change together with the H&R springs (save a bit on labour). Cannot expect stock shock absorber comfort, but ride is firm n can do hard cornering. Look wise, sweet..

Better to replace the damper as well if your ride has age, stock damper will bottom out very soon due to lower spring. It may feel a little bit softer on stock damper, but definitely not as firm n stable compared to aftermarket shock.

Sorry, im not good with words & most (all) of my previous ride c/w aftermarket suspension be it coilover or lower springs, so far this set up give me most stability n look w/o compromising too much on comfort (or maybe im used to it liao), so can't provide very good opinion.

But if u don't mind, can seat on my ride to have a feel. Just PM me.

Cheers.

vexxus;946748 said:
Hi,

Im on Bilstein B6 shock, change together with the H&R springs (save a bit on labour). Cannot expect stock shock absorber comfort, but ride is firm n can do hard cornering. Look wise, sweet..

Better to replace the damper as well if your ride has age, stock damper will bottom out very soon due to lower spring. It may feel a little bit softer on stock damper, but definitely not as firm n stable compared to aftermarket shock.

Sorry, im not good with words & most (all) of my previous ride c/w aftermarket suspension be it coilover or lower springs, so far this set up give me most stability n look w/o compromising too much on comfort (or maybe im used to it liao), so can't provide very good opinion.

But if u don't mind, can seat on my ride to have a feel. Just PM me.

Cheers.

Thanks for the ride offer. Might just take that up.

Just bought the car a month back and not sure about damper condition but my whole idea is to lower ride and keeping my costs down as much as possible. But as you said, save cost by changing both spring and damper at the same time.

I'm probably going to take the risk and change while retaining my stock dampers. Who knows, maybe change to coil overs if the dampers fail me.

Thanks again for your helpful comments.

By the way Bilstein B6, are they the most comfortable shocks? Why did you choose them?

Anyone on stock dampers but aftermarket springs? Is the ride comfort somewhat acceptable? I know butt feel is subjective but maybe want to see if there is any feedback here.

Fluidspin;947236 said:
Thanks for the ride offer. Might just take that up.

Just bought the car a month back and not sure about damper condition but my whole idea is to lower ride and keeping my costs down as much as possible. But as you said, save cost by changing both spring and damper at the same time.

I'm probably going to take the risk and change while retaining my stock dampers. Who knows, maybe change to coil overs if the dampers fail me.

Thanks again for your helpful comments.

By the way Bilstein B6, are they the most comfortable shocks? Why did you choose them?

Actually i also got possession of mine 2 weeks back, the stock damper (bottom out liao) with aftermarket spring was in damn bad condition, can't even get thru a hump or getting down a slope with a piece of mind, replacing them is the only options. Of course i can go for coilover, but to me the ride comfort shouldn't be too far off as i'm quite used to aftermarket suspension, & was promised swee swee ride height, so just went for it. Coilover can give height & damping adjustment, but i don't need that (i can't adjust it myself anyway) so long its up with the ideal height & coilover may make some noise sometimes (heng~swey) & real decent coilovers gonna blow a bigger hole on my pocket.

Honestly, they're not the most comfortable combination in the market, but how bad can H&R & Bilstein get.. If you are really concern about comfort, maybe you can try KW V1. Have them on my previous ride, better comfort but lesser firmness as compared to current set-up.

Sticking with stock damper should give u slightly better comfort compared to aftermarket ones, you can then replace the stock damper after they kaput.

Hope i'm giving the correct advise, someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back