• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

WTB New e60 rims n tires

Re: WTB New e60 rims n tires

Scooby75;504912 said:
Ginny - Change it ! I've an 18" OEM set you might wanna consider trying....just got it 2 months back so relatively new.
And I CONFIM WILL take your set !
:)
looks like u have found ur match scooby. brand new rims somemore.

Slater;504914 said:
looks like u have found ur match scooby. brand new rims somemore.

car is not even out yet......too early to say la. maybe Ginny wanna keep it ....

Scooby75;504912 said:
Ginny - Change it ! I've an 18" OEM set you might wanna consider trying....just got it 2 months back so relatively new.
And I CONFIM WILL take your set !
:)

Are those runflats? Anyway why are you looking for 243 then! Haha

Slater;504898 said:
change the rims! style 243 is not popular.

Slater, any recommendations??

ginny;504948 said:
Are those runflats? Anyway why are you looking for 243 then! Haha

think BMW alot of brake dust, scooby lazy to wash. hehe

ginny;504949 said:
Slater, any recommendations??

u wan to stick to OEM BMW rims or other brands? u like aggressive looking or classy looking?

Think I still prefer OEM BMW. Classy looking.

Ok thks for the rec!

ginny;504851 said:
Hi! Just gotten a E60 525I Limited Ed with the 243, expected delivery only in Jan though. Not sure of whether selling it yet, cause still deciding whether to change it to Style 172.

Im just wondering.. is this 243 a popular model?

From your avatar, indicate driving an E60 523, did you upgrade from a E60 523 to a E60 525 Limited Ed? If that is so, why not wait for the F10 next year?

Agreed that the M5 rim is the best looking for E60. Are replicas available in 18in? Would you know which shops sell the M5 replicas? Thanks in advance.

Slater;505097 said:
haha. agreed!

personally i feel the M5 rims r the nicest.

View attachment 23004

View attachment 23005

they r available in replicas as well if original is too expensive.

156F1;505316 said:
Agreed that the M5 rim is the best looking for E60. Are replicas available in 18in? Would you know which shops sell the M5 replicas? Thanks in advance.
try hurry tyres at bukit timah or south east tyres ar kaki bukit. they have replicas. cant remember if they have 18". personally u shld go for 19", anything smaller will just look fake. besides bmw rims have a less agressive offset, hence u may wan a bigger size rim for the aggressiveness.

19" Forgestar is very nice on E60 too.....

P1000987.jpg

'The Great White'

Slater;505318 said:
try hurry tyres at bukit timah or south east tyres ar kaki bukit. they have replicas. cant remember if they have 18". personally u shld go for 19", anything smaller will just look fake. besides bmw rims have a less agressive offset, hence u may wan a bigger size rim for the aggressiveness.

Thanks. SE Tyres at Kaki Bukit doesn't have. Will check out Hurry. How much should one pay for a replica M5 rim?

I'm currently on 19in (Prodrive GC-014i forged) and find that the ride is too harsh with the super low profile tyres (245/35 front, 275/30 rear) - not enough rubber between rims and road. Real M5 is using 255/40 front and 285/35 rear - don't think normal E60's wheel well/arches can accommodate these sizes without rubbing.

156F1;505349 said:
Thanks. SE Tyres at Kaki Bukit doesn't have. Will check out Hurry. How much should one pay for a replica M5 rim?

I'm currently on 19in (Prodrive GC-014i forged) and find that the ride is too harsh with the super low profile tyres (245/35 front, 275/30 rear) - not enough rubber between rims and road. Real M5 is using 255/40 front and 285/35 rear - don't think normal E60's wheel well/arches can accommodate these sizes without rubbing.
dun think its the size of the tyre thats causing the noise. try michelin PS2 or goodyear F1 Assymetric. both high performance and very silent tyres.

for the replicas iam not too sure of the price. but i do not think u shld be paying anything more than $700 a piece. also depends if its made in italy or taiwan. italian ones will cost quite abit even if their replicas.

sportster;505310 said:
From your avatar, indicate driving an E60 523, did you upgrade from a E60 523 to a E60 525 Limited Ed? If that is so, why not wait for the F10 next year?

Still keeping the 523I. From what i know, F10 only out second quart, so will decide again when its out then.. actually i still prefer the look of the current model. i think the lights are nicer. dont you?

Slater;505352 said:
dun think its the size of the tyre thats causing the noise. try michelin PS2 or goodyear F1 Assymetric. both high performance and very silent tyres.

for the replicas iam not too sure of the price. but i do not think u shld be paying anything more than $700 a piece. also depends if its made in italy or taiwan. italian ones will cost quite abit even if their replicas.

Thanks for advice. I'm on F1 Asym and yes, they're grippy (even in the wet) and quiet (for a performance tyre). My issue is that the low profile makes the ride hard and bumpy (with PSS10 set to 4 front and 5 rear; any softer setting would result in too much roll when cornering). Hence, thinking of changing to 18in or having higher profile tyres on my current 19in, e.g. 245/40 front and 275/35 rear but think the front will rub the wheel well at full turn. Anyone has experience to share?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motoringla

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back