• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

WTB: Used original higher end audio speakers for F10

Re: WTB: Used original higher end audio speakers for F10

I have a pair of rainbow front speaker IL-X4F for sale if anyone is keen. Only used for 1 month but recently replaced with
BMW-PA-1 sound system.

rttc;1089964 said:
Ok I've finally done it!!
Just like Detach8, I added HK front tweeters and changed the front door mid-speakers.
So far, I feel the vocals are now clearer and that's all. Probably that's all we can do for 200W as compared to the full 600W from full HK package.
If I get itchy again, maybe I'll explore mixing a different but cheap&good sound system with the new HK front doors speakers (if this is possible at all).

Hi folks,
May I know where to get these Harmon Kardon speakers? Are they the same one from BMW? Thanks

Your can order the HK set from HK : )
, http://www.pasco-hk.com

I think in order to get a good audio system, u need a good audio processor + good amplifier. Just like top hifi set is actually using NBT to produce DSP and logic 7 and connect using optical cable to your 1000w amplifier. But for hifi, it just normal audio low pass to your amplifier and simply amplify the sound only.

I have just DIY my stereo speaker to HK midrange and tweeter set. The next step will add the JBL ms-8, which has similar hifi top features but much cheaper price. Furthermore, JBL is the same as HK.

Starman;1094274 said:
, Pasco-hk.com | Geuine / Performance Parts for Volkswagen VW, Audi & BMW

I think in order to get a good audio system, u need a good audio processor + good amplifier. Just like top hifi set is actually using NBT to produce DSP and logic 7 and connect using optical cable to your 1000w amplifier. But for hifi, it just normal audio low pass to your amplifier and simply amplify the sound only.

I have just DIY my stereo speaker to HK midrange and tweeter set. The next step will add the JBL ms-8, which has similar hifi top features but much cheaper price. Furthermore, JBL is the same as HK.

Interesting! Do share when you have ms-8 installed. Do you intend to install it yourself or get shop to install it? Where's the best place to get this? You know how much it may cost?

Sure, this will be my stage 2 DIY upgrading. I checked Singapore is selling for about $1000 but If you can get it from US that actually much cheaper.

Starman;1094274 said:
, Pasco-hk.com | Geuine / Performance Parts for Volkswagen VW, Audi & BMW

Thanks, my hifi came with equalizer and has a hard disc to store songs. It also has center speakers and front pillar tweeters too. I hv to go find out what this setup is. Not sure if I've an amplifier. It definitely sound better than my standard non high line version 523i F10 which I sold to get this 528i individual m-sports version F10. Just that I feel the speakers are nit great because at certain notes it doesn't sound well or robust. I was thinking if I change these to HK speakers will make a difference. I heard those in the M235i the HK speakers are great!

As what I know basic stereo speaker doesn't come with center speaker. Hifi speaker doesn't come with rear speakers.only top hifi come with center and rear speakers. Most likely your one is hifi with amplifier at your car boot there.

abnertan;1095060 said:
Thanks, my hifi came with equalizer and has a hard disc to store songs. It also has center speakers and front pillar tweeters too. I hv to go find out what this setup is. Not sure if I've an amplifier. It definitely sound better than my standard non high line version 523i F10 which I sold to get this 528i individual m-sports version F10. Just that I feel the speakers are nit great because at certain notes it doesn't sound well or robust. I was thinking if I change these to HK speakers will make a difference. I heard those in the M235i the HK speakers are great!

You definitely have an amplifier. Look at your options list. You have the Hi-fi Professional DSP.

detach8;1095068 said:
You definitely have an amplifier. Look at your options list. You have the Hi-fi Professional DSP.

yes, thanks folks for helping to identify. I managed to go through the vin code list of my ride. It says S677A Hi-Fi System Professional DSP.
But my one question are these speakers harmon Kardon as well or rather I don't see the HK label as what other bimmer with HK speakers has?
Or perhaps, it is another higher range system.
Can I get these original BMW HK speakers and fit to my ride (like plug and play)?

It's not Harmon Kardon. The HK speakers are option S688A.

I am not sure if the amplifiers are different, but those with S677A should be able to plug and play some of the HK speakers. Not sure if they fit exactly, best to ask Max @ Elebest.

F10 has four levels

Standard Hifi (basic w/o tweeter)
Hifi Professional (w/amp, tweeter, center dash speaker, and mid range in rear doors)
Harmon Kardon or Top Hifi
B&O

677a is top hifi system and I think BMW subsequently rebranded it to HK 688a (I maybe wrong). You should have 16 speakers and 600Watt amp similar to HK system. But I don't know whether they are using the same speakers or not but I guess they should be the same.

You can ask MAX from elebest to check for you as I retrofitted my HK from them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi, below is BMW Audio Lineup from Top-of-Line to Basic:

1. Bang & Olufen - S6F2
2. Individual Sound - S752
2. Top Hifi - S677
3. Harman kardon(For newer cars) - S688
3. Hifi Professional - S676
4. Basic Stereo

We have upgraded quite a number of bmws audio system with above audio system including B&O(No center speaker), Individual etc. to better quality aftermarket systems.

If looking for used, i might be able let go at low price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks bro :) but problem is really got no time to do prompt reply in forum. Just got back from Indonesia after a job and saw this thread with so many ??? So chip in a little

Cheers

Soundwerkz;1098243 said:
Hi, below is BMW Audio Lineup from Top-of-Line to Basic:

1. Bang & Olufen - S6F2
2. Individual Sound - S752
2. Top Hifi - S677
3. Harman kardon(For newer cars) - S688
3. Hifi Professional - S676
4. Basic Stereo

We have upgraded quite a number of bmws audio system with above audio system including B&O(No center speaker), Individual etc. to better quality aftermarket systems.

If looking for used, i might be able let go at low price.

Hi
My ride comes with S677. Can this be upgraded to Harmon Kardon speakers? Is it going to be plug n play (speakers to speakers change)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back