WTF! Vicom Fault My Inspection for Wheel Alignment

Deadkookaburra

I cannot accept and believe my vehicle inspection failed due to wheel alignment. As you can tell from the picture it's only a very slight and minor adjustment needed.

alignment.jpg

Had it adjusted and only change was toe to neutral. Crap! Best part they didn't even bother to inspect my exhaust. This is Vicom @ Kaki Bukit. Shit!

The worst part they made me pay an additional fee for re-inspection. This is simply rubbish and siphoning money! What's the justification or limits of a bloody proper alignment in their books?!!#$$!@! Wrote a complain letter to LTA awaiting their response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: WTF! Vicom Fault My Inspection for Wheel Alignment

Lucky they didn't fail you for wrong offset. I'm surprised you can fail for wheel alignment. Is that a danger to other road users?

to my surpise, first time i heard inspection failed due to wheel alignment

First time I heard also.
If they fail me for wrong offset I sure complain to Transport Minister.

wt_know;679800 said:
to my surpise, first time i heard inspection failed due to wheel alignment

Eventhrough they want to fail the inspection due to alignment.. they shouldn't charge for 1st re-inspection!!! :biggun:

If I read it correct, the specifications (min & max) are the goalposts.

But what are they based on? Stock numbers? Is there a stock set of figures given various OEM wheel sizes and suspensions (sports version). It seemed that even after market mods on wheels, tyres and coilovers/springs are being scrutinised here !!!

Ridiculous.

Ken, that's Stamford's alignment printout showing the vehicle's specs based on manufacturer's data. Showed my initial and final readings.

The Vicom print out has no SHIT but the word FAIL! under Sideslip/Wheel Alignment category. Loads of BS lah just an unscrupulous way of squeezing money out from vehicle owners.

Hmm looks like maybe your car was drifting to one side since the toe is off. (left more than right?)
Also curious how come your camber more on the left than right? Is that a normal setting for our roads (RHD) because our roads right side higher than left?

Deadkookaburra said:
Ken, that's Stamford's alignment printout showing the vehicle's specs based on manufacturer's data. Showed my initial and final readings.

The Vicom print out has no SHIT but the word FAIL! under Sideslip/Wheel Alignment category. Loads of BS lah just an unscrupulous way of squeezing money out from vehicle owners.
So your ride failed inspection because of front toe? Holy cow....... ultimate kelong.....

detach8 said:
Hmm looks like maybe your car was drifting to one side since the toe is off. (left more than right?)
Also curious how come your camber more on the left than right? Is that a normal setting for our roads (RHD) because our roads right side higher than left?
Different rides has different variances in heights/camber settings from different coilovers/springs, not perfectly symmetrical.....

Interesting to know their benchmarks based on various cars, various set-ups.......

Is getting more & more unreasonable, especially the newly appointed Transport Minister has to be on the ball.
But what to do.. election just over.. just have to tahan for the next 3-yr+ lor

U have my sympathy bro....but its good to write in & ask !!!

LTA called today to explain their justification for my inspection failure..."but of course". He win. The officer explained they have a limit of 0.5mm for toe but my was 0.7. He win. He also claimed alignment done on stAtic machine is different from their vicom centre when car is mobile. WTF? I dunno but win again.

He also state they are aware bmw factory alignment specs are different fron most cars. But when i demanded an official alignment specs for future reference he can't provide and requested me to source from dealer (PML). Win again.

He however agreed my failure was marginal and decided to waive my extra charge. How refund to be arranged i've yet discussed with vicom mgr.

End of day I still dunno if my car will satifactorily meet their unique specs next time. Perhaps bros who recently went for inspection can share if u face similar situation. But for now certainly my last visit to vicom kaki bukit.

Last edited by a moderator:

I had my car inspected recently and there was some alignment issue. It was slightly off but the inspector was kind enough to repeat until the car pass leh. He too felt that it was something minor and got his colleague to re-test again. It was not crowded hence they got plenty of time, plus my car looks dam stock. This was at Sin Ming Vicom.

I failed mine too at vicom. That's how they "earn" money for the recheck. I had my alignment done and went bk but vicom just issued the cert without even asking me to test or look at my receipt. Wtf. I like left to right driving, why bother?

I have boycott vicom since then. Now happily with STA.

Hate to dig this old thread, but thought I alert everyone. Just failed vicom inspection for wheel alignment as well. 0.4 off. Went for realignment and passed but at least Vicom did not charge me reinspection fee. Even guys at wheel alignment service was stunned when they saw my margin of failure. Usually < 0.5 they will pass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back