• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

WTS: 1993 Dec E36 316i(M)

jeromez

This is a hard decision, I've finally decided to let go of my beloved ride after 2 years of ownership... No choice, family comes first and takes priority over my "toy"!

Here are the details as per LTA website:

Vehicle Type: Passenger Motor Car
Vehicle Attachment 1: No Attachment
Make / Model: B.M.W. / 316I/4DR
Original Registration Date: 09 Dec 1993
First Registration Date: 09 Dec 1993
COE Category: A - Car (1600cc & below) & Taxi
COE Expiry Date: 31 Aug 2011

Replaced the following over the last 3 years:

Engine - top overhaul
Everything along fuel line
Everything along vacuum/pressure
Modified to electric fan
Modified to MAF sensor + SAFC controller
New clutch, clutch pump (master+slave)
Power steering rack + pump
Coolant thermostat, intake fan, etc cooling stuff
New wheel bearings
New throttle position sensor
Converted to rear disc brakes from a 320
Remus exhaust (LTA compliant)

Exterior:
Angel eyes
Face-lifted front grill
Bilstein heavy-duty suspension setup (stock height/springs)
18" Racing Dynamics rims with Goodyear Eagle F1

Interior:
New leather seats (entire cabin, including steering wheel, doors, etc)
New ceiling upholstery
New A, B ,C pillars, specially shipped in
New rubber lining for front doors/boot
Dynamat insulation
Clarion head unit with amplifier
3 spoke M steering
M car mats
M gear knob (avatar pic!)

Everything is original/OEM BMW, no $$ saved in replacement of parts.... The car passes inspection without an issue. Car is "factory manual", not converted.

Asking $15k, no low-ballers. Serious buyer only... no dealers, please. SMS 8115-8438 if u are interested or want more details. Buyer gets full service records. Mileage for the car is 10+km/Litre, with approx 125bhp at the wheel (definitely adequate for S'pore roads) and top speed approx 200km/h. Further intimate details will only be revealed to committed buyers. *wink*

Will post latest pictures when I'm free to snap some... Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: WTS: 1993 Dec E36 316i(M)

Haven got time to take pics yet... if u are serious abt getting an E36, perhaps a viewing would be better... :)

Pictures! Grainy but my camphone is all i can use for now..

Interior-800.jpg

BackSeats-800.jpg

Photos taken back then when i redo the interior... no change in condition since then. still immaculate!

bumpz for a nice manual e36. superb interior. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your kind comments, fellow e36 bros! :)

cheers!

Hi Jeromez,

your interior....... is thumbs up man........

cheers

I don't see how you can get away with charging something like $14.5k for the car body, which is worth anything from $500-$1000. I'm not a lowballer to suggest this....these are the financial mechanics of car sales in Singapore.

While a premium can be paid for a well maintained car and something ought to be paid too for any bells and whistles, it will not exceed $5k, as the rules of depreciation apply to everyone, and is something that car owners know about before spending any money for anything (be it repairs, or mechanical or cosmetic upgrades).

Your asking price is further torpedoed by the fact that the current pqp is so high....if you had renewed your coe 4 months back when it was just $5k for 10 years this would begin to be thinkable.

Lets not forget that we're dealing with a 20 year old car with no manufacturer's or previous owner's warranty and a high probability of failure or inconveniences. A top overhaul is miles away from a general overhaul...people only do the top when they are in trouble (which illustrates my point about older engines) and not when they feel its time to revamp things.

rgds, Roberto

Renew COE @ $16,202 + $18,000 = $34,202 with 125bhp @ wheels

IMO Good Deal as compared to those selling @ SG Carmart.

hi roberto,

we had two chance encounters and you made an offer of 15k a few months back.... you still keen on the car? ;) you know what you have seen is good stuff... :p

Dude ! Is that you ? OK guys, i still feel his car is pricey but in his case.....its something that you can get over. Superb condition and an exhilarating test drive (as it was for me). It is in the class of guilty pleasures, but this one can last and last. Car's had alot of money put into it. Think about it again. :)

Roberto,
over the past few months you have been looking/testing several cars now and pretty much low-balling them. In truth, these are good condition cars and BMW's to boot... not bargain basement deals...perhaps kia picanto would be a suitable car for the intended price range?
This is an enthusiast website and thus, people do up/maintain their cars an....the real value of a car is not just (as you put it) paper + body + your idea of depreciation of mods.....) You don't see people asking , for example 65k for a porsche whose paper + body value is , say, 62k. Selling price is tens of thousands more than established paper+body value .. as I'm sure we all know
If you are really interested in your body+paper offer, do take that stance to the dealers and ask them for whatever prices you feel like asking. At least they're getting paid to listen to what you're saying.
Not being critical.. just stating the facts
Jeromez, hope you manage to sell your car at least near the price you're asking.
Cheers!!

Naturally for a seller to ask for a better price and buyer to bargain abit. But then again pls know that older cars with the upkeeping and maintenance done to it is worth the premuim.

Paper plus body car i believe you won't be able to get in this forum. I for one will not sell it.. no doubt my COE is renewed at 3k.. but the amount of time, effort and money spent on it is easily worth much more.

At the end happy seller happy buyer. I once saw a black E30 advertised for a long time in sgcarmart. The asking price is not paper plus body either. And there's is a white one that easily been advertised for a year. His asking price near 40k.

Haha, glad to know that there are people out there who do appreciate the work put into restoring classics. ;)

Anyway, car is open for viewing and the price is slightly negotiable as long as it's not too far off... I'm not urgently getting this car off me since i'm still driving it to my office everyday. :p

Yes roberto seems to want paper + body value for cars i.e. applying car dealer tactics to the ppl selling their older cars on the forums. Might as well go to europe can get one e36 for 2000 euros 328 some more.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back