• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

WTS: 1993 Dec E36 316i(M)

Re: WTS: 1993 Dec E36 316i(M)

Hi Yeoman1979,

Ok, since we're not being critical and merely stating the facts...

Selling prices are based on original selling price/price upon parf burn and coe renewal at 10yrs + natural depreciation for its age band - damage to the car (including downtime required to fix it) + depreciated (sensible) enhancements if any + desirability of that model in particular in terms of sales demand +- model's rarity in the territory concerned - known continuous mechanical problems about that car model +- condition of the car's engine, interior and bodywork +- time to or from regular major wear and tear work. This will pretty much give you the precise valuation of the car. A premium can be paid at that point if the buyer wishes to do so, especially to beat out other buyers, but it will be acknowledged to be a *pure premium* and nothing else justifiable on objective criteria.

Yes there is a mathematics about it. Those who didn't do their homework and overpaid for their car to begin with shouldn't expect others to do the same when they themselves are looking to sell. That's just passing on the first con job. They should accept their mistake and just move on with life.

This is an enthusiasts' website. However, the other clown who accused me of lowballing his car after meeting him for a test drive, turned out to be someone i didn't even meet ! This was obvious to him after a few offline replies to him where i described the test drive and initially *apologised if i somehow offended him*, but he didn't bother to stop me and acknowledge his error, even privately (he should have done so publicly.) So there are idiots, fools and morons on this forum, along with the online and offline shifus and general enthusiasts. IOW, kinda like life.

And yoman1979, fyi, i don't go round representing that my serious, persistent and impending gearbox failure is some 'wheelspin'. It was foolish of you not to accept my extremely high conditional offer (would have been accordingly reduced upon inspection but would have been more than fair to you). I got lucky that time, thank you! A clown who had a similar gearbox problem on his e36 that i tested (and insisted the gbox was fine and would not discount against a fixup), ammended his carmart advert roughly 3 months later to include the words 'gearbox recently overhauled' in it. Hopefully his gbox didn't die on the road at a stop sign. That would have caused an ulcer along with the repair bill. lol

Your paintjob, while new, was a very poor colour choice for an executive sports saloon of an e34's class, and for the e34 in particular. Few enthusiasts would have made that mistake. Again a case of not doing proper homework?

Not being critical either dude, just stating the facts.

And its interesting that you chose to ignore the follow up post that i made for Jeromez's car and branded me as a lowballer. His was the first coe bmw that put a smile on my face that lasted till the next morning simply from the test drive alone. (ok lah i have not tested many super solid cars.) Though i personally find it a challenge to reconcile the valuation mathematics, which is why i didn't buy his car, his would be a car that you can say "damn it was a too expensive buy......but lets go for a drive to the corner 7-11 that's just 50 metres away". :)

Rgds, Roberto

Well, what would you know, speak of the devil and here he is himself lololol !!!!

bayerische;479503 said:
Yes roberto seems to want paper + body value for cars i.e. applying car dealer tactics to the ppl selling their older cars on the forums. Might as well go to europe can get one e36 for 2000 euros 328 some more.

Harlow Mr Robert, i agree with u on the maths part of it where some buyers have high expectations on the returns for the sale of their cars. its part n parcel of vehicle ownership and sale, most sellers end up holding on to their cars with no successful sale. then again, its the same story with potential buyers with unrealistic buying prices. in short, buyers n sellers have to meet somewhere in the middle.

However, i have no respect for ppl who call ppl Clowns or whatever.
So who are u? the circus Ringmaster
or perhaps u like ppl calling u Robert CAi tao? Giam Siap Gui....
Idiots, morons, fools....so what are u? scholar? high IQ genius?
there are bros from all walks of life, differing perceivement of the rides, differing technical knowledge of bmws. Maybe its their sellers' blessings that they did not sell to someone like u....

buzz off from this forum if u have no respect for our members

Roberto;479529 said:
Hi Yeoman1979,

So there are idiots, fools and morons on this forum, along with the online and offline shifus and general enthusiasts. IOW, kinda like life.

Your paintjob, while new, was a very poor colour choice for an executive sports saloon of an e34's class, and for the e34 in particular. Few enthusiasts would have made that mistake. Again a case of not doing proper homework?

And its interesting that you chose to ignore the follow up post that i made for Jeromez's car and branded me as a lowballer.

Rgds, Roberto

WTF. :dramamam:

well Collin...we buy cars for ourselves and family to sit in....who cares abt whether someone else like our color or not....unless he's the one paying for the bill.

Mr Roberto !
With your comments, I think its pretty obvious who is the 'apparent' fool/idiot/moron on this forum..... and the winner is...... drumroll........ you !!!!!
You have also apparently won the Mr 'Popularity contest' it seems.... congrats on that.. for what it is worth....
Hope you get your $1 dream car :) May I suggest a bicycle for the price range?

Yoman, i think we should stop anymore posts with Roberto.
This thread is for Jeromez to sell his ride so its no good clogging it up with further exchanges. Comments like $1 dream car or bicycle is also uncalled for.
The reason i posted is cos of the uncalled for comments by Roberto...so if anyone else posts something like that....we would be no different from that.
so let's move on....let Jeromez sell his car in peace and Roberto to shop for his car.
all the best to the both of them

valid points from different parties raised on this thread for discussion but i have to say totally inappropriate here. a seperate thread would have seen better reception of opinions instead on a seller's thread. good luck to all.

Somehow I'm quite immune to seeing this on the forum. Haha! Have a nice day ahead!

Hi sszone,

I agree with your sentiments that we should not screw up Jeromez's sale any further by continuing yoman's soap opera. I will reply to you offline via pm and ignore further comments in this thread by everyone except perhaps jeromez.

The person who is justified in being irritated at my initial critical post, jeromez, actually replied with a 'hello dude, remember me?' post. Look at the dramatic contrast in character between himself and the completely unsolicited remarks by yoman, who is still pissed that he couldn't sell his car to me at an unfair price after lying about its gearbox damage (and this was *5 months ago*). I was merely defending myself thereafter, though perhaps I let my irritation show too much. Sorry sszone, and I'll publicly accept your brickbats for that.

My two latest posts here include comments which speak very highly of Jerom's car which i had test driven when it was owned by the previous guy (jerom beat me with a higher bid, by a lousy $2k then...spent nearly 6 months regretting lol) so if anything people should be encouraged to buy his ride.

Good luck on your sale jerom and really sorry if we raised a stink. Imo your ride falls into the category of ultimately justifiable guilty pleasures and is clearly a car that can be kept for the next 10 years. And, without guilty pleasures, life is ultimately not worth living lolol ;->>

cheers.

I will ignore Roberto's comments, as usual.
SSzone, you're right so i'll drop this matter... good luck Jeromez in selling yr ride :)
Cheers all

let me state the facts. Roberto mentioned that the price of the car in question was too high even before test driving and stated i should sell him at paper plus body value. So guys if u want to sell your car at scrap do sell to him and listen to his story on the economics of cars in singapore.

Roberto;479579 said:
My two latest posts here include comments which speak very highly of Jerom's car which i had test driven when it was owned by the previous guy (jerom beat me with a higher bid, by a lousy $2k then...spent nearly 6 months regretting lol) so if anything people should be encouraged to buy his ride.

so since $2k is 'lousy' to you why didn't u offer higher? too far from scrap value is it?

Price reduced to $15k if there's a buyer before the road tax/insurance expiring in November...

What nonsense..... Good Car can buy then buy.... if think too expensive PHUCK OFF and keep quiet.... tok whole load of crap for what????

SMLJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back