• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

WTS Brand New Iphone/ Ipod Y Audio Cable

Re: WTS Brand New Iphone/ Ipod Y Audio Cable

Hi bro,
Other than charging the iphone/ipod, the USB ports also allows the HU or Steering controls to navigate your device. The charger with USB port can only charge but still does not allow you to control your device from the steering controls as it is not linked to your HU. I suggest you look for Soundwerks or Autotechnik to see how they can retrofit the ipod controls to your HU.

can this cablw work other cars with AUX as well?

The Y-cable has a chip embedded inside to decode the signal to the HU and is meant only for Minis or BMWs.

Hi, do u still have anymore of the cables for sale? Thanks...

Just sold the last one pending deal tonight. New stocks coming end of next week. PM me your contact so that I can inform you when it's here. Thanks.

New stocks of Y Ipod Cable available. Contact me at 9 6 3 7 7 8 6 2 if interested. Thanks.

jefflee;708835 said:
New stocks of Y Ipod Cable available. Contact me at 9 6 3 7 7 8 6 2 if interested. Thanks.

Bro, I'm driving a f20. Does the cable works? Can it be viewed on the idrive and controlled on the steering? Pls advise.. Thanks..

Yes, as long as you have both aux and usb port in the center console, you can view in the idrive and controll on the steering.

jefflee;710221 said:
Yes, as long as you have both aux and usb port in the center console, you can view in the idrive and controll on the steering.

Bro, I'm interested, as long as it works as mentioned above. Can pm me the price and where to deal? Thanks alot!

I m interested ....

Pls txt me for price and venue to trade ...

jefflee;710221 said:

I am driving a e90 pre FL. aux and car lighter charger is in centre console. Will I be able to control the ipod from my steering?

No, you will need the USB port for controls of the IPOD.

Hi,

I have a few spare brand new Iphone/ Ipod Y Audio Cables to sell. Tried it on the F10 with Ipod Touch and Iphone 4 and it works and am able to control it through the I-Drive and Steering audio controls. It displays the playlist, or even by genre, artist, album or title as well. And it charges my Iphone/ Ipod as well.

Fit BMW E82,E87,E88,E90,E91,E92,E93E60,E61,E70 & E71 OR MINI R56,R55 (after the launch January 2004)

ONLY FOR USE WITH VEHICLES WITH S6FLA (USB/AUX INPUT) OPTION. As long as there is 3.5mm female and USB port on your BMW, this cable will work.

The part number of this cable from BMW is 61 12 0 440 796 (61120440796)

13' (33cm) long cable

Selling at $36

You can contact me at 9 6 3 7 7 8 6 2 if interested.

Hi,

Is the cable still available? Does it fit 318i that is manufactured in year 2009? It has the aux n usb pount. If it can fit and it's still available, I would like to buy one. Pls advise on collection venue.

Thanks

Yes, its still available. As long as you have both the aux and usb port at your center console, it should work. Collection at Blk 4B Boon Tiong Road after 7pm. Pls sms/ call first before coming. You may test out the cable at no obligation.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Most likely will collect on fri after 7pm. Will SMS u again for confirmation on fri. Thank you n have a nice day.

Hi Jeff,

Will I need this cable for my new 118? I want to access my iPod via iDrive.

If your car is manufactured this year, the original ipod cablethat came with your Ipod should work. Try out using the original cable first and see if you can see the whole playlist.

Can it be used on a e89?

Currently, I am just using the USB port to connect my iPod. The BMW radio register it as USB and steering wheel control can control it using the up and down buttons. So what is the difference between this y lead and normal USB cable? Thanks.

Yes it can be used on an E89.

If you car was manufactured from Sep 2010 onwards, you should be able to use the original apple cable. If you can scroll through your playlist and song tracks through your head unit or steering control as well as charges your Ipod, then it works the same as the Y-Cable.

I have some customers who says that the audio quality through the Y-cable is better then the original cable but I think that is subjective. As long as you are satisfied with the audio quality, I suggest you stick with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back