• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

WTS: June 2001, 520i

Remember than "scrap" value = COE+PARF rebates + car body price.

6 months ago, a 5 yr old E39 car body was around $15-$25k depending on the condition, engine (larger engines preferred), mileage, colour.

bro my advice is to try and advertise the car by your self and see whats the offer like you can set price based on the dealer prices in the papers. You will get dealers calling u let them quote you a price for the body then you can see any bro here will pay higher. as long as you are reasonble in the price you want say 2-3k higher i think you can surely sell.

to give you a guideline i think late 2001 525 going for about 123 asking price by dealer. cheers

BTW scrap value is as follows

(Parf + COE rebate)*X + body value

X is the buying price for the paper now its about 95-97 % at one point it was 92-93%. Varies based on amount paper in the market

Body Value based on demand and str of Euro dollar

diablo_728 said:
to give you a guideline i think late 2001 525 going for about 123 asking price by dealer. cheers

Bro, not true lah, that was a misleading ad. My friend went down and they said the price of that 525i is before a $5k deposit. So they asking $128k for that ride. Also advertised that the ride came with M5 rims. Full load of crap. Juz stock rims. I also kena bluffed by them thru the same kind of misleading info when I went to see a RX. And they take in your car below paper thinking I am a sucker. Offered me $15k below the price I eventually sold my ride for ;)

T6 said:
diablo_728 said:

Bro, not true lah, that was a misleading ad. My friend went down and they said the price of that 525i is before a $5k deposit. So they asking $128k for that ride. Also advertised that the ride came with M5 rims. Full load of crap. Juz stock rims. I also kena bluffed by them thru the same kind of misleading info when I went to see a RX. And they take in your car below paper thinking I am a sucker. Offered me $15k below the price I eventually sold my ride for ;)

Hear ya dude, a bunch of crap invitation to purchase, really misleading but unfortunately that is how the marketing tactics go these days. :shoot: :twisted:

Having checked around. More of less decided to sell my car at $105k negotiable.

That works out to abt $7.5k depreciation a year. At end of 5th, the car can be scrapped at abt $90k inclusive of the body.

Is it reasonable?

DS

Re: WTS: June 2001, 520i

Hi Dan,

Have u sold your car.

I am a freelance dealer and I have an expat looking for used BMW 5 series.

Can u email a picture of your car so that I can present to my client.

what price are you willing to let go ?

Cheers, Derrick ([email protected])

DS_1 said:
Brothers,

I need some advice here.

I am planning to sell my 520i but not sure how much can I fetch for my car. Appreciate brothers can give some good advice.

Car details:
Year of mfg: 2001
OMV: $47k
COE: $25.5k (i think)
Color: Orient blue
Engine: Double Vanos, 2.2 litre

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Dan

Re: WTS: June 2001, 520i

DS_1 said:
Brothers,

I need some advice here.

I am planning to sell my 520i but not sure how much can I fetch for my car. Appreciate brothers can give some good advice.

Car details:
Year of mfg: 2001
OMV: $47k
COE: $25.5k (i think)
Color: Orient blue
Engine: Double Vanos, 2.2 litre

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Dan

Hi DS, i may have a friend who is interested. Contact me at 96322170. Hurry becos he is looking at a 4 years old 520. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back