X5 3rd Row + Boot Space

XWD

Hi X-Men, am driving a XC90 but the Force is still very strong with the X5; especially with OC grinning whenever X5 gets mentioned. Like to ask how do you current X5 owners feel about the 3rd row seats? How about boot space? Anyone owned both the XC90 and now driving the X5? Can share your take comparing the 2? Thanks a lot.

Re: X5 3rd Row + Boot Space

XWD;971515 said:
Hi X-Men, am driving a XC90 but the Force is still very strong with the X5; especially with OC grinning whenever X5 gets mentioned. Like to ask how do you current X5 owners feel about the 3rd row seats? How about boot space? Anyone owned both the XC90 and now driving the X5? Can share your take comparing the 2? Thanks a lot.

Hi there ,

Have not owned an XC90 but did make some comparisons with those owned by friends. Overall XC 90 has much bigger overall boot capacity. I don't recall the exact dimension but it is certainly much bigger in the XC90(something in the range of 92 vs 75ltrs for overall capacity) . With the 3rd row seat up the X5 afford some decent space As X5's 2nd row seat can be slided (back and front), the level of space for 2nd row passengers is better vs XC 90 from my recollection (note that newer X5 model (post 2007 model have length stretched by some 7 inches). Re the 3rd row seat and despite claim by BM that it can take up to 5ft4in in height passenger , the reality is that it is best to be used for pre-teen kid and even then they will probably find it comfortable for only a short journey. The other issue with the 3rd row seat is that it has a low bottom(imagine your knees "coming high"!.). If I am being frank, the XC 90 (feedbacks from my friend and of which I am sure you will have the experience as well) is probably a more comfortable day to day vehicles for passengers (esp 2nd row). X5 is of course the sportier side of the SUV genre and hence ride on the whole is generally less of a comfort vs XC90. Bearing in mind that what you get is a much sportier handling (speed/power, excellent feel and control and handling) in X5. At least for me, the latter kind of tipped the balance. But again if one drives only in SG, one don't really get to enjoy" a bit more than what X5 can really offer. p.s. re ride comfort, from my experience, a switch to a non-flat tire help quite a bit vs stock ran-flat tire that comes with the car. Tks

Re: X5 3rd Row + Boot Space

Thanks JF. I took a look at a X5 2012 some days back and confirm your finding. The XC90's third row is indeed larger than the X5. I had an adult sit behind and it was still ok. At least that was what I was told.

But drive wise, obvious X5 wins hands down.

Guess the only way forward for me is to get a sedan to enjoy the very sharp handling and excellent ride of the Ultimate Driving Machine. :)

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back