Y cable, help!

Re: Y cable, help!

Wh0cArEs;657233 said:
actually y-cable for Pre FL still got use... plug the USB into a USB adaptor for the ciggy socket, and the 3.5mm into the aux socket. that way, u can play music thru AUX and charge your phone using the same cable. :)

What for pay $180 to charge, play from Aux and still have to manually select tracks from your ipod or iphone?

The Belkin USB plug with 30-pin/ USB connector costs about $40 and the 3.5mm both male ends cost $5.

davidtch;657235 said:
No need y cable lah.

Buy Griffin ipilot to charge. Ipilot has a 3.5mm for audio out. Ipilot has the following control:
1. Play;
2. Pause;
3. Forward; &
4. Rewind.

This is actually very troublesome for E90 owners since the socket is under the arm rest. You still need to touch the iphone/ ipod to change tracks.

pengful;657283 said:
What for pay $180 to charge, play from Aux and still have to manually select tracks from your ipod or iphone?

The Belkin USB plug with 30-pin/ USB connector costs about $40 and the 3.5mm both male ends cost $5.

bcoz i bought my y-cable for USD10... i definitely wouldnt pay $180 for a y-cable

Last edited by a moderator:

waynechai;656780 said:
"So, by just pluggin in USB, there is no sound....period"

This is not correct.

Like I said,
2. Without y cable, plugging directly into USB, I can also play iPod, with the ability to:
i) Adjust volume, and forward and backward selection of songs using the steering wheel control
ii) Using the head unit, can select folders, genre, album, artist and et, although the playlist isn't visible, and can't seem to do random.

Meaning, can still playand have sound.

Ive jus verified wat ive mentioned earlier and its exactly like wat i tot it should be..... Jus pluggin in USB w/o Jack, ther is no sound at all.......so at least in my case, tat explains the need for a Y cable....Mines a 320i LCI btw.....cheers

pengful;657400 said:
Controls will still be hidden under the armrest la.
It still definitely better than having to switch on ur iphone, right?

davidtch;657478 said:
It still definitely better than having to switch on ur iphone, right?

Bro, the damned cigarette socket is under the arm rest don't you understand? When you close the arm rest, you have no access to the controls... this is what I am trying to say. See pic.

Just got the Ycable from one of the shops in Simlim square. It costs $15.

My Ride's non-iDrive, so here's my setup:

1) Cigrette socket iPhone Dock (got it from Apple store) - comes with 2 USB ports
2) Connect Aux port (under arm rest) to Y-Cable's Stereo plug
3) Connect Y-Cable's USB port to Dock's USB port
4) Connect Y-Cable's iphone connector - whenever I dock the iphone
5) Connect Y-Cable's Stereo plug to iphone - whenever I want to listen to music from iPhone

Yes, its a little of a hassle coz I have to connect the iPhone connector and Stereo plug to the iphone whenever I want to listen to music in itunes. But it works for me as I dont listen to the ipod frequently.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunwinco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back